• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OFFICIAL THREAD: General Cookery and Discussion

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would love to see a kitchen knife roundup as we replace our old crappy henckels ...

what are your essential kits , makes / models / uses , and how you store por favor

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mostly Japanese, with a couple of American custom makers. They live on Japanese knife racks (not recommended in kitchens with mobile pets, children, or clumsy cohabitants).

IMG_1227.jpeg

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

cb200

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7314.JPG

My knives are basic beaters on a wall magnet. Tojiro petty is nice for smaller things but it could be a touch longer in the handle for my hand. Pairing knife is cheap Nogent. Nakiri is a bit of a Carbon princess from a maker I don't remember - but it does absolutely destroy vegetable prep if needed. Ugly 8" Henkel workhorse that does 80% of everything well enough and has for 20+ years. Not shown or used much are a longer Tojro knife, a way too big custom made chefs knife, an oxo bread knife, and probably a serrated paring knife and a birds beak in the back of the drawer. I don't break down anything larger than a chicken so these work for me but aren't that pretty.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone tried stuffing peppers with diced potatoes and sausage? I looked for a recipe but no luck. I am hoping to use some uncooked extras from other dishes. If doing so I assume I'd pre-cook the potatoes and sausage before stuffing them in the peppers for a final stint in the oven?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Idk why dude skimped on the butter. Why not just go with 8 sticks to completely submerge? Then you wouldn’t have to worry about basting.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Idk why dude skimped on the butter. Why not just go with 8 sticks to completely submerge? Then you wouldn’t have to worry about basting.

What was that thing he had strapped onto his right wrist? And when he was basting with the butter, it looked like the pan was cold :paranoia: it wasn’t sizzling or anything. Could that be @beargonefishing :oops:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Made the hummus, naan, and za'atar. Grilled lamp chops. I'd say "lollipops" but @Biscotti has ruined that word for me.

IMG_9297.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Did a take on Tuscan chicken. I used breast tenders and did them franchise style, i.e. floured and egg coated. It really did not suck.

IMG_9331.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads