• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

✿_✿ 2013 OCTOBER Official No Purchase Club

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wednesday September 25, 2013
It's Tiiiiiime! :)

2013 OCTOBER Official No Purchase Club
Start Date: Tuesday October 01, 2013 (6:00 am)
End Date: Thursday October 31, 2013 (11:59 pm)

Old hat to some...new to others..
The challenge: You must go 1 month without spending money on clothes or clothing-related accessories for yourself.
The club is designed, not to undermine the economy, but as an aid to help the weaker of our distinguished memebers (and onlookers) to develop self-discipline in spending.
Sign-ups begin immediately. Those who sign up before the start date will be able to allow themselves a $100 Emergency fund. Those who start after the start date, will be allowed no emergency fund and no mercy.
The complete rules will be posted Sunday night.
You have now, one last weekend to get your buying out of your system before we begin.
I would like to encourage one and all to give this a try if you feel the need, and also, I would like to welcome those of you who are not yet Styleforum Members, to take a few brief minutes to sign up to our beloved forum and participate!

Claghorn has graciously agreed to do the Movember club and I am sure he will ring in on that later in this thread near the end of this challenge.

NOTE: As of present, I have not decided on a theme for this months club, so when you all ring in, if you have a theme you would like to see (if any), please also specifiy this.
That is all for now....so, are you ready? Are you weak? Do you need some help to stop the madness? Help is here!
Who dares to take this challenge?!
Who's with me?? ARRGGHHH :slayer: :) :satisfied: :embar: :cloud: :decisions: :brick: :hide:

I am IN.

Last edited:

Da GOAT

Reaction score
I'm in, poor discipline last few months. Pay day this weekend too.

Must resist! Reward at month end with Sam hober.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good to see you back Goat. As the first of our signees, you get to buy whatever you need for a Hallowe'en costume for yourself, if the need exists.

topos

Reaction score
i'm guessing taking clothes i already to the tailor counts as spending money on clothes. if not (actually, either way), then i could use a little asceticism.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have need of tailors and/or cobblers, engage before the start date, for these would count against you during the challenge period.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In. I managed to get most of October's purchases out of the way and can probably hold off on the rest. I also submit my services as a judge, enforcer, and janitor.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in. Spent enough damn money on the house lately (new HVAC) so feeling cash poor anyway.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in. Going on overseas holidays in November and can’t actually afford to buy anything right now. So hopefully it will be a easy month.
Damn AE needs to stop their 2 sales a month policy .

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am in. Going on overseas holidays in November and can’t actually afford to buy anything right now. So hopefully it will be a easy month.
Damn AE needs to stop their 2 sales a month policy .
That you know they have frequent sales should make it easier to resist their sales. There will be another one. And another after that.

Da GOAT

Reaction score

Good to see you back Goat. As the first of our signees, you get to buy whatever you need for a Hallowe'en costume for yourself, if the need exists.

Thanks, another day done no spending.

Not a big dresser for Halloween, suit supply's big gangster pinstripe suits would look well though :)

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I'm out for this one. Steed is coming to Chicago and I've been meaning to try out their MTM option.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is everyone else? This thread should be brimming over already. (wishful thinking).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads