• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Crockett&Jones Polo Tellman Bal Captoe Antique brown

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally tan, I antiqued it brown, you can probably use acetone to try to revert to the original sallow tan, but it would be hard.

Worn these shoes approx. 12 times.

You can play around with the antique and clean it up around the vamp. Besides the slight peeling of the one toe channel leather slightly, I cemented it back in place. The shoes are in excellent condition besides that. The uppers are very beefy as CJs are .

I may just keep them , but if anyone is interested in $119 shipped CANCEL SALE I will unload
Size 10 D true to size.

Picture157.jpg

Picture158.jpg

Picture161.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture163.jpg

Picture165.jpg

oops , didnt see my leg there; maybe this photo should be in "How large are your calves?" thread, obviously not that large. I am like a chicken, big fat body, with skinny legs.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

here is a photo of my lovely piano
Picture164.jpg

inlove.gif

wife is lying there on the couch , but you cant see her in the reflection clearly.

the shoes are in very excellent shape. the antique job flurry and lightening in the creases makes it look worse than it actually is.
the peel back is actually not bad at all, it is very minor and will not affect wear or long term quality i promise. just use a little super glue or cement to stick it back up again if it ever peels back again.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting antiquing that you have going on there.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
sorry, this is not on sale anymore.

i had this shoe in my closet for the past 6 months or so , and i was perusing what i can sell to raise funds for my new MTOs coming next year.

This shoe is so much more beautiful and decadent than I previously thought last time i wore them, just handling them and taking their photos, I cant believe i never wore these recently.

It will be painful if i did sell these at 119 . what was i thinking.

sorry

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
With the exposed legs, I thought we were going to have another Thom Browne moment here.
smile.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
these shoes are just marvelous. i am not just saying that. you all know me, i dont usually throw my words/praises gratuitously around.

the shape is very 330 and the lines, i cannot capture on camera for some reason, but the shape is very elegant.
the leather quality is very beefy, and the antique i did on them does not rub off, it is somewhat permanent, although if i did rub some acetone on it , it would definitely come off.

the sides i wanted to show how corthay-esque the antique became. i say this because i remember seeing a photo of some corthay shoes with an aged, crackly, antique patina.
same thing exactly here

Picture175.jpg

Picture159.jpg

Picture172.jpg

Picture166.jpg

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

...here's another shot of my piano
Picture110-1.jpg

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

kali77

Reaction score
Shoe,

Glad you decided to keep them. I am actually wearing mine today. Very nice antiquing job
inlove.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kali77
Shoe,

Glad you decided to keep them. I am actually wearing mine today. Very nice antiquing job
inlove.gif

Me too! It''s a Tellman Wednesday.....
laugh.gif

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
...here's another shot of my piano
Picture110-1.jpg

inlove.gif
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Bet my piano can beat your piano.
boxing[1].gif
(wow...mine could use a little dusting)

Don't you ever play it, or are you afraid the pedals will marr the soles of your beautiful shoes?
devil.gif

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
This shoe is so much more beautiful and decadent than I previously thought last time i wore them, just handling them and taking their photos, I cant believe i never wore these recently.

It will be painful if i did sell these at 119 . what was i thinking.

Indeed. I almost made the same mistake last week when I was thinking about selling my pair of C&J lace up boots on the forum
uhoh.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Your piano is shiny, you should antique it a little too.

Ha, just what I was thinking.

For what it's worth, Brian's right -- the Tellman is a great shoe (and I personally think he did a great job on the antiquing).

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol, look at the middle-right of shoe's piano picture. He has shoes lying aroudn everywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads