• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Had to exchange the white APCs since it was too big, got this grey Jil jeans instead.
How do the Jil jeans fit? I have no experience with Jil jeans but would be interested in a pair in that color if fit is right. I am hoping they are something like a APC petit standard cut - slim thigh and leg, tapered hem, longish inseam. If they are straight leg no interest.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I got a 43.5 and it fit snug, I usually wear a 41.5-42. Everything fits fine though (length and width) but the toes leather is thicker so it kind of pushes down on the toes which make it snug. Should be good after the break in period.

Yeah I got size 42 and its snug but not uncomfortable. Break in will definitely loosen up and then it'll be ideal. I also have a pair of size 43 ankle boots that fit perfect without break in. Somewhat worried how they'll fit post break in.... Latest acquisition is a pair of donkey derbies at size 43.5 which the seller told me will fit me though I might need to insole. I'm somewhat skeptical, but the price was good and donkey derbies were on my list. Last thing I need are some donkey backzips and derbies in soft horse and I think I'm covered on the black colored guidi front anyways.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ ^ ^
Been eye-ing a pair of MA+ derbys myself, almost pulled the trigger when Sydney had that buy one get one 50% off deal.

Originally Posted by fuji
Sneakers are guidis look good, but I think you should buy dress shoes from dress shoe makers, you could easily afford JL or EG. Those Diors and Jills just look blobby as ****.

Thanks for the advice but I do not really need JL or EG at this point, I just need something more fun and wearable. The Jil has a bulbous toe but not bulbous where it looks overly huge like last seasons, just right for more casual wears like jeans and chinos. The Diors are more sleek, it'll be worn with suits. I just like the shape on these and the sizing is just right. With JL and EG, it'll be a start of whole new sizing research, lasts, silhouette, etc...

Originally Posted by DLester
How do the Jil jeans fit? I have no experience with Jil jeans but would be interested in a pair in that color if fit is right. I am hoping they are something like a APC petit standard cut - slim thigh and leg, tapered hem, longish inseam. If they are straight leg no interest.

The Jil are more slim than APCs PS. I got a 28 in APC PS but a 30 in Jil is slimmer but not painted on tight. It has a shorter inseam than APC, I think around 32"-33" and it does taper to the leg opening, not straight leg at all.

And thanks for all the comments everyone.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, quick fit pics of the non-sneakers shoes:

itjNj.jpg

WhgHs.jpg

NYrd9.jpg

0kCDs.jpg

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm that inspires me to take a shot of one of my recent acquisitions. Used CCP oxblood sidezips.
ctrKx.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did guidi do some oxblood 988s? I would *** if they did, cuz I need some 988s.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You get what ever color/leather you want in the 988 (special order)- I've seen oxblood in rev pig and horse (I think)

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know The Archive does them. I'm sure Atelier does it as well.. I think Arthur at The Archive mentioned its a 2 month turn around time
smile.gif
Call em up and ask!
Originally Posted by eckblk
^^^ that's a great photo
Thanks
smile.gif
I need to learn how to use my Lumix point and click because I'm pretty sure I could do better even without a DSLR, but I have to say the Nexus 1 camera phone has really impressed the **** out of me for ease of use. I love this phone... do not regret frying my Nexus S after switching to it for a week and hot tubbing with it, do regret dropping a weight on my AT&T Nexus 1 which shattered the screen which necessitated the "upgrade" to Nexus S.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
im such a scrub, I didnt know I could do stuff like that. Been patiently waiting for someone to sell some guidi 988s one day

chomeo

Reaction score
^^ i would sell you mine but they are simply one of the most comfortable boots i own - literally fits like a glove!
laugh.gif
Guidi deserves lotsa love for that!!
Originally Posted by Lane
im such a scrub, I didnt know I could do stuff like that. Been patiently waiting for someone to sell some guidi 988s one day

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think all the goth ninja euro brands do special order except for Augusta. (Guidi/CCP/MA+/etc).

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chomeo
^^ i would sell you mine but they are simply one of the most comfortable boots i own - literally fits like a glove!
laugh.gif
Guidi deserves lotsa love for that!!

plain.gif
are they oxblood? if so, please die lol. Also, this special order probably would cost me more than 1k, dunno if I wanna pass that threshold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads