Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

[​IMG]

Also, this special order probably would cost me more than 1k, dunno if I wanna pass that threshold.

Only one way to find out ;p Call them and ask! That way at least you have an idea of how much it costs if you want to scrimp/save/or rule it out.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Also, this special order probably would cost me more than 1k, dunno if I wanna pass that threshold.

Doesn't Guidis retail for that much anyways? I was looking at theArchives website and the derbies retail for $1,100 iirc.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

yah Guidis and boots like that are all north of 1k, no? I mean you can get them sub 1k on ebay or SZ but I swear their retail was decently over 1000.

4. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Doesn't Guidis retail for that much anyways? I was looking at theArchives website and the derbies retail for $1,100 iirc.

Also true laf. I don't think they cost much more than retail to special order though. Guidi if anyone else should be able to be flexible given they've cut out most of the middle men in their business. The colors/leathers/variations they offer is pretty much insane and shows the flexibility of their production pipeline....

5. max-t

max-t Senior member

Sucks to hear about the white petits, I ordered a pair of 28's a few days ago

6. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

special order from PNP/Lazzari/INK- 1100usd shipped to the USA
    *with PNP expect a UPS customs bill of 60-70usd.

Atelier custom order with be 1400usd. Not sure about Archive but, Arthur is a nice guy.

7. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

8. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

special order from PNP/Lazzari/INK- 1100usd shipped to the USA
    *with PNP expect a UPS customs bill of 60-70usd.

Atelier custom order with be 1400usd. Not sure about Archive but, Arthur is a nice guy.

That doesn't seem so bad at all. $1200 for a special order, I guess price goes up depending on the leather you choose?

9. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

That doesn't seem so bad at all. $1200 for a special order, I guess price goes up depending on the leather you choose?

The price is pretty consistent with popular leather choices: horse, baby calf, donkey, etc.....

The african crocodile will probably fetch a premium

10. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I generally don't like anything too crazy textured.. but guidi crocodile derbies sound kinda hot.

Do you know if pricing changes with colors? I wonder how accommodating they can be on that front. Kinda want some pretty loud green shoes like those MA+ I have a crush on from The Downtown. Also something in a nice navy blue.... or a good teal/grey blend. Mmm....

11. Lane

Lane Senior member

$1200 sounds good, I'll kop it around winter cuz I dont need new shoes right now, though.

whats the difference between the leathers? look/texture wise?

12. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Look a bit.. but mostly for me durability maybe thickness. Softness isn't necessarily consistent from one type of leather to another, but they do offer things like cordovan which will be stiff, normal horse which is less stiff and then soft horse which seems as soft as any typically softer leathers...

I just like horse by products for pretty much everything especially footwear. I'd like a few donkey things just because donkey is one of those classic guidi leather types. Crocodile for the cachet.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

enough boot talk back to rfx recent cops domination

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I don't think I've seen any Guidi, MA+, Augusta, etc... shoes/boots in croc leather. Anybody have pics?

15. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I don't think I've seen any Guidi, MA+, Augusta, etc... shoes/boots in croc leather. Anybody have pics?
    Augusta in stingray [​IMG] Guidi in Crocodile [​IMG] Guidi sole lined in Crocodile [​IMG] Cdiem in Python [​IMG]