• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SF raid in effect for sure haha. I picked up the cotton tee actually.

Originally Posted by AR_Six
^That cotton joint on the right was stupid cheap eh, but ridiculously short. The snap cardi on the left was sold out in M when I got to it but a little overpriced anyway for what it is imo.

God yes that is cheap, I would've snagged if they had a small, although a medium might work as well really.

In terms of the one on the right, I actually think the price is good on that one. I own it in a medium and the thing is really nice, great texture and very loose knit and airy. Knitted in Peru so those guys know their knits.

Originally Posted by Scooba
More Ervell, I went with the jeans.

PEJeans.jpg

You know I keep seeing them and thinking I should give them a shot, I don't know. They look great though. Post a fit when you get it.

Originally Posted by sipang
So, is there an Ervell Gilt sale every month now or what ?

I don't know, but I'd be fine with that so long as they keep adding new things.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
Did they do a price error on that pocket knit? I think we got it for 88% off.

They must have, that's the pocket sweater from this past season isn't it? I was thinking the orginal price was lower (for a change) than what it really was.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ have you felt their baby alpaca iterations yet tonio? Makes all the difference.

That coat is cool I might have gotten it.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ have you felt their baby alpaca iterations yet tonio? Makes all the difference.

if it turns out it's doesn't fit I'll put it up for sale here before returning.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
They must have, that's the pocket sweater from this past season isn't it? I was thinking the orginal price was lower (for a change) than what it really was.

yeah on Ervell's website its listed at $300. It probably is SS 2010, the summer jeans I got at the last sale were, and the colorway that was for sale was offered this season

Scooba

Reaction score

You know I keep seeing them and thinking I should give them a shot, I don't know. They look great though. Post a fit when you get it.

It's my first Ervell piece so I am pretty excited. it was a toss up between these and the green oxide club shirt. I wish I could have gotten both but funds are tight right now. These jeans might not work with my body type so maybe they will end up on B&S for you to buy, haha

Binker

Reaction score

Yes, it is the Pima Cotton version from this season. Retail price was of course not 150.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't yet actually. I've been eyeing the B&S for the navy fair isle alpaca, but never showed up in a small, but I imagine they're fantastic. Baby alpaca is some nice stuff. I've owned plenty of hand knit alpaca sweaters from Ecuador and they're up there with my favorites.

Originally Posted by Meis
if it turns out it's doesn't fit I'll put it up for sale here before returning.

I'm sure it won't be an issue. I have the wool version from last FW season and it's sweet. If fits a bit ling in the sleeves but nothing a tailor can't handle. If it fits I'm sure you'll like the cotton version.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't yet actually. I've been eyeing the B&S for the navy fair isle alpaca, but never showed up in a small, but I imagine they're fantastic. Baby alpaca is some nice stuff. I've owned plenty of hand knit alpaca sweaters from Ecuador and they're up there with my favorites.

I'm sure it won't be an issue. I have the wool version from last FW season and it's sweet. If fits a bit ling in the sleeves but nothing a tailor can't handle. If it fits I'm sure you'll like the cotton version.

what size did you go with? I ended up going with the xs (i used the measurements from the similar looking parachute coat on their site, which listed xs at 19.5ptp, though the sm and xs were pretty similar)

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Meis
yeah on Ervell's website its listed at $300. It probably is SS 2010, the summer jeans I got at the last sale were, and the colorway that was for sale was offered this season

Yeah exactly, I was thinking that was it as soon as I saw it. Whoever snagged that in their proper size just bent Gilt over on that one.

PS: I went with a small, my standard size on the wool version of the coat. Fits good in the shoulders, slightly big in the pit, but I'd be wearing over sweaters and possibly suits so it works out.

Originally Posted by Scooba
It's my first Ervell piece so I am pretty excited. it was a toss up between these and the green oxide club shirt. I wish I could have gotten both but funds are tight right now. These jeans might not work with my body type so maybe they will end up on B&S for you to buy, haha

Haha I have the 32 in my cart so who knows. Softy had that one in the B&S at the start of the season from a sample sale and it looked stupendous in his pics. They have silk lining which adds a luxe touch. If you're a slimmer build, they'll work for you. I just wasn't sure on foowear to go with the color other than white sneaks.

Originally Posted by Binker
Yes, it is the Pima Cotton version from this season. Retail price was of course not 150.

Yeah I figured. Steal deal.

Scooba

Reaction score

Haha I have the 32 in my cart so who knows. Softy had that one in the B&S at the start of the season from a sample sale and it looked stupendous in his pics. They have silk lining which adds a luxe touch. If you're a slimmer build, they'll work for you. I just wasn't sure on foowear to go with the color other than white sneaks.

I might not be slim enough to pull them off. I guess we'll see. I plan to wear them with my gats

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
picked up these Margielas. got them in size 42 but i think i need a size 43. if anyone wants them i'll let them go for my cost plus shipping (around $450). otherwise i'll exchange them (they come with distressing on the toe, heel and a few other places, fyi)
405580559_o.jpg
405580496_o.jpg
405580527_o.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads