1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

I really like the geometric Raf. Nice kops.

2. onion

onion Senior member

[​IMG]

3. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

jil f/w07 metallic turtleneck.

I saw that one on ebay. He was selling another jil knit that went for like $70 or something. it was a cream crew neck type thing.

4. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

^ that one was pretty boring

5. hendrix

hendrix Senior member

yeah, but i was still surprised it only went for $70.

6. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

^ that one was pretty boring

I was watching that jil turtleneck but I've already made two major purchases this week so I couldn't pull the trigger. Nice pickups!

7. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

8. asobu

asobu Senior member

beautiful kops, kelvin!

9. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

When you say arcteryx is shit what do you mean? I have never heard that opinion from anyone.
    It's techy, but it's garbage. It's not at all well designed and it sucks to ride in. Then you get to pay twice what it's worth. If you offered me a full suit of that shit for free and said "choose between this and your 3-year old beat up gear you've put 100 days into" I would turn you down. Also, you might as well embroider "weekend warrior tool" on the back.

10. Kvc06

Kvc06 Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Visvim F/W 10 Balmat Oxford

11. jet

jet Senior member

wtf metallic overload

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

It's techy, but it's garbage. It's not at all well designed and it sucks to ride in. Then you get to pay twice what it's worth. If you offered me a full suit of that shit for free and said "choose between this and your 3-year old beat up gear you've put 100 days into" I would turn you down. Also, you might as well embroider "weekend warrior tool" on the back.
    As a "snowsports professional", this is bullshit.

13. Poomba

Poomba Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Visvim F/W 10 Balmat Oxford

Where from?

14. connor

connor Senior member

15. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

As a "snowsports professional", this is bullshit.
    Sorry but if you're gonna pull that card as an instructor (which is not a "professional"), on the east coast no less, I've worked in and around this industry for more than 10 years. I know a lot of people, and no one rocks Arcteryx. If you're willing to pay money for tech, look to something worth the money you're spending.

16. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

lol where did you get the idea I was based in the East from? And almost all of the propatrol I know, the guys who have triple-digit seasons every year, rock Arcteryx shells. No offense, but I think I put a lot more faith into their endorsements than yours

17. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

I've worn a button-up to snowboard in Denver, low 30's.

18. AR_Six

AR_Six Senior member

lol where did you get the idea I was based in the East from? And almost all of the propatrol I know, the guys who have triple-digit seasons every year, rock Arcteryx shells. No offense, but I think I put a lot more faith into their endorsements than yours
    "Propatrol"?? Dude you can wear whatever you want but none of your buddies get paid 6 figures to ski out of a helicopter. They don't have product named after them. The opinions of anyone whose industry circle is a local ski hill is simply not broadly informed enough. I hate to pull the status rug out from under you here but you're the one who called yourself a "snowsports professional", I am not trying to be a dick. You're right though, older guys seem attached to arc / patagonia / CV / MH, so you'll probably find quite a few TGR die hards on the stuff who are decidedly the opposite of weekend warriors. You'll probably also find them on 90mm waists as their fat ski - my point being that those are the people most resistant to change who look at their gear like a pick up truck, tried tested and the same shit they were using in 2002. All of that being said, what hill do you work at? What works for your local conditions is all that matters.

19. softy

softy Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jil f/w07 crewneck with metallic stripe. The wool part is kind of black and grey, not completely solid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

raf simons s/s2000 geometric crew

[​IMG]

jil f/w07 metallic turtleneck.

jil f/w07 gradient turtleneck

[​IMG]

more f/w07

You should give credit where credit is due [​IMG]

20. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

considering purchasing rossi s3's, nordica enforcers and volkl fast-as-shits

real men ski in helly hansen, duh

and tnf