Recent purchases - Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by scott.m, Feb 1, 2010.

1. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

Aren't you always talking about the economy??
    that's true. i like supporting retailers and free markets, but I don't like concepts like luxury taxes. i think it punishes people for being "successful" and for spending big $$$. its really bad in places like australia and new zealand where luxury taxes are ridiculously high. well, you alread7 know this, living in AU, right?

2. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

that's true. i like supporting retailers and free markets, but I don't like concepts like luxury taxes. i think it punishes people for being "successful" and for spending big $$$. its really bad in places like australia and new zealand where luxury taxes are ridiculously high. well, you alread7 know this, living in AU, right?

actually i don't think New Zealand has a luxury tax.

That was just Yoox being wankers.

GST is 12.5% on any item being sold, and then duties can be from 0-15%.

For some reason Yoox decided to add 40%, as well as it being about 15% more expensive than from the NZ site, and also charge $45 for shipping, even though Italy is exactly half way between the US and NZ.

3. Prada_Ferragamo

Prada_Ferragamo Senior member

i just bought a pair of Air Jordna 6 rings and Gucci Jeans. I like them very much

troll?

4. ethanlee29

ethanlee29 Senior member

Package from Hide-san
    Might be willing to sell because the sleeves are a tiny bit short by like an inch - inch and a half [​IMG]

wooaaaa info on this?

5. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Nice knit Gagno.

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

picked up these Margielas. got them in size 42 but i think i need a size 43. if anyone wants them i'll let them go for my cost plus shipping (around $450). otherwise i'll exchange them (they come with distressing on the toe, heel and a few other places, fyi)
    Saw that model (not sure if they were the ones you got) on the 'bay but that toe thing is unattractive, imo.
    I got it for 76 and change shipped. Quite a few people have expressed interest too including JJ from SuFu, who I think can totally pull it off. This joint would look super kawaii on girls [​IMG]. Yeah only wished it was a size or two bigger so I could wear it slightly oversized. But thinking it over, this might just be too cool to let go lol. I Could even cop this: [​IMG] And use for a Halloween costume. [​IMG]
    Fuck that plebeian shit, kop the Thom Browne astronaut suits (actually, there was a similarly themed TB oxford with an American flag patch that was only $215, was very temtped but not sure if it was an exclusive for FNO)
    could have at least posted a pic first...
    I believe it was the Lanvin leather (with wool sleeves) trench though I thought it'd be more expensive than that.

7. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

8. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

9. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

[​IMG]

You should just post receipts instead of fits, it makes your intentions on this forum far more obvious.

10. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

That belt looks great mike.

11. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

^^i actually posted that to show you the bottom line item which is the new book from Maison Martin Margiela.

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

^dude, you seem like a nice guy but you're always trying to show how cosmopolitan you are with your food choices and your vespa and such. What a baller. Call me when you have a family to support, a mortgage, 529s, multiple 4-whelled vehicles (a.ka., cars) and can still rock rick and CCP. now that's ballin! [​IMG]

13. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

14. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

what the fuck doesn't "work" with white?

15. Cheese1

Cheese1 Senior member

what the fuck doesn't "work" with white?
    It's a funky light tanish color, I didn't really like the contrast it made with a white collar underneath. Maybe I was wrong, sorry. Edit: actually, i'd rather you were right because then it becomes something I can wear often, so I'll try it on again