• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

official 2010 world cup thread

laughwithm3

Reaction score
******* props to North Korea, it's sad that the worst ranked team showed the world why soccer used to be fun to watch. All these defensive oriented play styles make this world cup as fun to watch as funeral

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I can't help but think this stupid ******* ball has to do with some of it. For every goal that would theoretically be scored because of the ball's swerve, there are two that aren't scored because the players are not used to it's touch and trajectory.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I can't help but think this stupid ******* ball has to do with some of it. For every goal that would theoretically be scored because of the ball's swerve, there are two that aren't scored because the players are not used to it's touch and trajectory.

I agree, it's a bit over-engineered imo. I know athletic companies need to keep making new balls so they can sell them, but newer doesn't always mean better.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero

Originally Posted by celery
I agree, it's a bit over-engineered imo. I know athletic companies need to keep making new balls so they can sell them, but newer doesn't always mean better.

The ball has been used in some of the Continental leagues for the past year and was used in last year's Confederation Cup with no complaints.

This reminds me of the last WC when the Italian players complained about their boots and socks after a poor performance.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
The ball has been used in some of the Continental leagues for the past year and was used in last year's Confederation Cup with no complaints.

This reminds me of the last WC when the Italian players complained about their boots and socks after a poor performance.

I agree, to many people are trying to use the ball as a crutch. Players just haven't been getting those solid touches when they have the chance to make something happen, to many passes going a bit to hard. Plus there haven't been that many offensive dominant games. Teams are playing just to get points and make it to the next round, things should open up though once elimination rounds start, then we will be able to tell more about the ball.

TheIdler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't think that's right. Didn't they use the Kopanya ball for the Confederation Cup?

Anyway, what's ironic is that before the competition, everybody was saying it was a crappy ball because it was going to lead to too many goals.
frown.gif

ANIKETOS

Reaction score
It is a crappy ball whose purpose was to get more goals.That backfired and the only goals that came out of it were ones that looked stupid like ENgland and ALgeria.

legorogel

Reaction score
the brasilian first goal, showed how unusual the ball is...

The goal vs. England was caused by the very bad goalie, not by the ball, but the discussion arises every wc and ec so nothing new.

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also a very good point, players who lose will find something to blame.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
i'm rooting for two teams, mexico and holland. i believe the dutch were the largest slave traders in africa and are the real home team.

Apartheid is ook nie voor niks een Nederlands woord
lol8[1].gif

Probably only funny for the Dutch in this topic...

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by legorogel
the brasilian first goal, showed how unusual the ball is...

Seemed like normal behaviour of the ball to me; that's what a ball does when you hit it with that effect. Beautiful goal btw; watch him not looking at the goal when he shoots.

The problem seems to be the high and long passes and shots from distance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads