• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wolf Vs. Goat Espresso Chino with Alden Snuff Suede Plain Toe boot, crepe soul.
espressofront.jpg

espressoback.jpg

espressoc.jpg

suedetop.jpg

suedeside.jpg

suedefront.jpg

raven37457

Reaction score
I received my steak tartare chinos today. The chino is very soft, so soft you can sleep in them and be comfortable. Thank you Mauro for sending the 33 instead of the the 32! I would never fit in the 32. Please listen to Mauro for sizing. He is, as always, spot on in this area. I am ready to showcase these in the Florida sun in a few days. Anyway, I will post fit pics tomorrow. Thanks again!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
good pics Ahab!

I have more stuff in the works.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mauro, any word on my 34's getting out the door today? I sent a email, but I have not received a reply.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nope it didn;t happen. The guys took the day off kinda going out this weekend!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I may be getting ahead of myself here, but when would a tentative time frame for another run of chinos be? When that time comes, would you be altering the rise to correct the minor flaw with this run?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, Ahab. I received my spicey jalapenos today (normally a size 30, sized up to 31) and it is definitely the correct size. Sizing up one from normal pant size at a minimum is exactly right as reported. It is extremely soft and I like the construction and buttons and washed color on the olive. I also like how it fits well for me in the top block in my size with no saggy diaper ass which I hate. Although it's not slim, slim, it does have a more slim straight flavor which I needed to shake up the slim slim lineup so I can rock these more casually say for weekends or office Friday's. Good stuff, Mauro. Note: I have folded the inseam inward to about the length I will likely have them hemmed to. Here is my pic spam, essentially 360 view and close ups:
100_3050.jpg
100_3055.jpg
100_3057.jpg
100_3061.jpg
100_3068.jpg
100_3069.jpg
100_3071.jpg
100_3073.jpg

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If no one objects to how those fit Tonio in the seat, then I should be good. Though I'm three sizes up, that's pretty much what my backside is looking like (defined-wise) in these chinos.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to get pics up.

Tonio- PM me for my addy. Send me the olives. Just for me to try on. I'll send them back I promise.

I'm lying. I won't send them back.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
If no one objects to how those fit Tonio in the seat, then I should be good. Though I'm three sizes up, that's pretty much what my backside is looking like (defined-wise) in these chinos.

Are saying our asses are defined?! Stop looking at ******
eh.gif
Haha.

In those pics it might seem like there's pulling or maybe the bunching Mauro has been referring to, but these don't feel tight up top at all even with a shirt tucked in and there's no struggle for me to button up and putting on and taking off the pants.

You really went 3 sizes up?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't worry, I've been looking at everyone's ass in these chinos to compare to my fit. I looked at my own ass way too much today while wearing these chinos.

You really went 3 sizes up?
No, no. I meant I'm three sizes up on what you have (34). Three sizes up would just be madness.

Sounds like we're in the same boat, though. The material is so soft and has a lot of give to it, so it doesn't feel tight anywhere. Even still, it doesn't look tight anywhere below the top block, either. I've had slimmer cuts of pants that felt fine because of the give, but looked like shrinkwrap. Not the case here.

But yeah, despite my concerns about the backside of the top block, it doesn't FEEL constricted. Just a bit more fitted than I'm used to.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
I need to get pics up. Tonio- PM me for my addy. Send me the olives. Just for me to try on. I'll send them back I promise. I'm lying. I won't send them back.
Haha. You crazy mo-fo. You want jalapenos and I'm thinking maybe I should have tried the steak
laugh.gif
Is Mauro out of the 31s in the olive? Get your pics up, son!
Originally Posted by APK
Don't worry, I've been looking at everyone's ass in these chinos to compare to my fit. I looked at my own ass way too much today while wearing these chinos. No, no. I meant I'm three sizes up on what you have (34). Three sizes up would just be madness. Sounds like we're in the same boat, though. The material is so soft and has a lot of give to it, so it doesn't feel tight anywhere. Even still, it doesn't look tight anywhere below the top block, either. I've had slimmer cuts of pants that felt fine because of the give, but looked like shrinkwrap. Not the case here. But yeah, despite my concerns about the backside of the top block, it doesn't FEEL constricted. Just a bit more fitted than I'm used to.
Ah that makes sense. I was going to ask how the F your seat looks like that with 3 sizes up. I get ya now. It might be that your not used to the fit of the seat being so close to the booty. My pants range from slim in seat and leg/ankle, to slim in leg/ankle, roomy in seat, etc. This might be the first time a pant fit me so snug in the badunk yet with more room in the thigh. If all my pants fit this well in the back, it would be great. More proof that these are sized well and not tight even in the seat is that when I sit down, I don't give off the "plummer" vibe if you catch my drift (no pun intended?)?

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Good stuff, Ahab.

I received my spicey jalapenos today (normally a size 30, sized up to 31) and it is definitely the correct size. Sizing up one from normal pant size at a minimum is exactly right as reported. It is extremely soft and I like the construction and buttons and washed color on the olive. I also like how it fits well for me in the top block in my size with no saggy diaper ass which I hate. Although it's not slim, slim, it does have a more slim straight flavor which I needed to shake up the slim slim lineup so I can rock these more casually say for weekends or office Friday's. Good stuff, Mauro.

Note: I have folded the inseam inward to about the length I will likely have them hemmed to.

Here is my pic spam, essentially 360 view and close ups:

Those look great.
fing02[1].gif
I need to pick up the jalapenos...the color just says relaxed. Those should be very versatile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics