• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven37457

Reaction score
Steak Tartare in 33. Paired with a Gilded Age T & Chaco Sandals
DSCF0010.jpg
DSCF0011.jpg
DSCF0012-1.jpg
Paired with EG Bal Coat SS 2009, EG Tab Collar SS 2010 & TBC x JS
DSCF0013-1.jpg
DSCF0014-1.jpg
Extra
DSCF0008-1.jpg

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
damn William those look good on you. I liked how you rolled them up great for your road trip!

tonio- those look great on you too!

everyone is looking good in the chinos and pairing up good looks.

The patteren is being tweaked, now. I will have a sample very soon. I need to sell some more of these before I can make more. You know the routine.
Best,
Mauro

raven37457

Reaction score
Thanks Mauro. I want another pair but I have the trip. I wore them out today and I had an encounter with a stain. I am not sure how but there was black marking on the thigh. I spot treated with Shout stain remover and cold water. They are hanging out to dry. The stain is gone. Should throw them in the wash? Let me know. Thanks!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Those look great.
fing02[1].gif
I need to pick up the jalapenos...the color just says relaxed. Those should be very versatile.

This color is definitely one to have. I think it can pair up well with many looks.

Originally Posted by peekay88
what shirt is that tonio028?

It's the Band of Outsiders plain blue oxford.

Originally Posted by raven37457
Steak Tar Tar in 33.

Paired with a Gilded Age T & Chaco Sandals

Paired with EG Bal Coat SS 2009, EG Tab Collar SS 2010 & TBC x JS

Nice. Very nice. After seeing the red chinos paired up, I shouldn't have slept on that color. The more I see it, the more I want it.

raven37457

Reaction score
The chinos are dry. There is no discoloration from spot treating the stain. I am going to leave the chinos as is and hold off on the first wash.

Thanks tonio. The jalepeno/olive look great and they would have been my next choice.

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
The patteren is being tweaked, now. I will have a sample very soon. I need to sell some more of these before I can make more. You know the routine.
Best,
Mauro

Will the next batch include steak tartare in 36 or 38?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My normal waist size is 32.
Ordered the Steak Tartare and Mauro sent me both a 32 and 33.
I am able to button the 32s and have room in the waist but feel that they are tight in the seat and I can see the bunching around the pockets.
The 33s fit much better in the seat but feel like I have room in the waist and the overall fit is more relaxed.
Anybody else have this as well?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ what is comfortable on you???

You guys cold wash with like colors. These chinos have been treated shrinkage will be minimum to zero that's for sure.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thank you to all the people who stopped by today. I had a lot of fun. I hope you guys enjoy your chinos.

Best,
Mauro

machochino

Reaction score
OK, I need these chinos for work and I understand sizing up 1 or 2. But I don't know my actual "trouser size." For jeans, I only wear 5ep sz31 with my shirts tucked in so I could also probably get away with 5ep sz30.

I will be tucking in with these chinos and I'm not use to tight fitting low rise top blocks. Should I be getting 32 or 33 (33 measurements look huge, I can understand edub's dilemma).

BTW Ahab and Tonio pictures look spot on with their proportions. My body type is maybe in between. Give me some advice, I about to purchase 3 pairs.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just bought a pair of the rooster pan grey & wheat khakis in 34 (i guess my trou size nowadays is 33... put on some weight in the past year :-( ) excited to test them out. which would pair better with (a) BoO overdye purple oxford & (b) BBBF white OCBD? hopefully if they fit like I hope they will, the jalapeno & espresso will be additions to my wardrobe. I've been wearing out my APC NS (just washed them
smile.gif
) & PS too much. Also, buying some shorts @ j. crew this week. Spring quarter is popping up soon.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
which would pair better with (a) BoO overdye purple oxford & (b) BBBF white OCBD?.

in my mind's eye, they should both go great with both shirts.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
in my mind's eye, they should both go great with both shirts.

yeah definitely I was thinking sort of the same thing... the pictures of the rooster pan grey seems to have a little purple tinge to the pants, but I figure it will accent the overdye well.

I can't wait for the custom WvG overdye oxford program... :)

sle-z-e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
yeah definitely I was thinking sort of the same thing... the pictures of the rooster pan grey seems to have a little purple tinge to the pants, but I figure it will accent the overdye well. I can't wait for the custom WvG overdye oxford program... :)
First time might have been a spelling error. Twice? Must be confused. Roaster pan brother. Roaster pan. sorry, stupid pet peeve of mine

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sle-z-e
First time might of been a spelling error. Twice? Must be confused. Roaster pan brother. Roaster pan.

sorry, stupid pet peeve of mine

yeah, my bad. roaster. I kept on saying rooster in my head, and it stuck. roaster, roaster, roaster. makes a bit more sense that way lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads