• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
are there any shoes that look like this?
rodlaver_tournament_5.jpg
they dont have to look exactly like, i just want a simple white shoe, with minimal logoing for under 80

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jekyll
I was in H&M last week and they had a table of different colored v-neck sweaters. I'm not sure how they would fit you though.\\

Originally Posted by bohemianmidnight
wmmk: H&M merino wool v-necks are super slim, i got one in small and it is almost tight. A medium would probably be slim enough and long enough for you.

Interesting, thanks! I was looking at their sweaters over the winter, but most were in really gaudy, eurotrashy shades of electric pink and purple. Is their spring stuff a little more subdued, color-wise? I've been looking for some nice v-necks/cardis in navy, charcoal, caramel/tan (kinda like that one robbie posted the other day), pink, and green.

bohemianmidnight

Reaction score
At the store near me, they had light gray, charcoal, muted blueish/purpleish, a pretty bright pink, and some others i don't recall.

minimalist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Steggy
I'll probably try giving it a shot if i can find it. price seems like it'd be worth it. I've seen some similar hoodie t's from american eagle and lacoste, but i'd rather not have the logos or appliques. goddamn nsf's prices are ridiculous. oh well.

I tried to find a vendor in the USA (assuming you're from there), but have not been able to... Google is of no real help when it comes to shopping
frown.gif
Here is a link to an Ebay seller in the Uk, but due to shipping it's still pretty expensive, about 30 buxx including shipping...
plain.gif

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
are there any shoes that look like this?

rodlaver_tournament_5.jpg

they dont have to look exactly like, i just want a simple white shoe, with minimal logoing for under 80

Originally Posted by racetrack
Adidas Stan Smiths

The shoes pictured are Rod Laver Vintage. Kinda hard to find these days but definitely possible.

Anyway, these beat the hell out of regular Stan Smith 2, quality-wise: Tennis Vintage

These aren't bad either: Court Star

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What type of suit/tie color combo for a wedding if I'm wearing a blackish suit?

chrispy179

Reaction score
looking for a slim fitting summer non-denim trouser. preferably under 100$

looked at levis but didnt see anything very slim

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
What type of suit/tie color combo for a wedding if I'm wearing a blackish suit?
don't wear a black suit to your wedding. navy or gray would be better. the classic "wedding tie" is grey and patterned. any shirt you want is ok.

that's not to say you can't deviate from that. my parents got married outside in the summer and dad wore a navy sack blazer, seersucker trousers, a white and red candy striped shirt, and a grey tie. it looked pretty classy, IMHO.

Originally Posted by chrispy179
looking for a slim fitting summer non-denim trouser. preferably under 100$

looked at levis but didnt see anything very slim

try uniqlo or H&M. check the uniqlo uk website to see what they have, then call the nyc store to order it.

chrispy179

Reaction score
try uniqlo or H&M. check the uniqlo uk website to see what they have, then call the nyc store to order it.[/quote]

Never found a good fit in H&m pants. Dont see anything much on uniqlo uk.

Bona Drag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OTOH, if you own a black suit a wedding is one of the few times it won't look a little out of place. I'd say you might as well wear it. White shirt and whatever tie you feel comfortable in. Boring is good at a wedding.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^I assumed it was his own wedding. assuming otherwise, I guess it'd make less sense to splurge on a new suit. chrispy: yeah, they only have colored slimfit "jeans" in grey, khaki etc. and the regular light blue/grey trousers on the site, but they also have chinos, seersucker pants, and maybe some other stuff in the nyc store. I'm sure they could give you a more complete inventory if you called.

Kodiak

Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations for a nice spring jacket, preferrably cheaper than the one I posted last page? An M65 would be legit, I've never had/worn one.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kodiak
I'm looking for a spring jacket. I found this Shades of Greige one, but then I've heard that its not as good as it looks on Context. I really like the back/shoulder details. Do you guys think it's worth the $174 and if not, can you recommend some other jackets?
http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=808
agency_m65_navy.jpg

agency_m65_navy_02.jpg

I personally like the styling but not the colour. Navy jacket which I will wear primarily with jeans? I don't know, that just doesn't fly with me. I was interested because of the cool details until I really thought about the colour and realized it wasn't for me.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kodiak, an m65 from a thrift store wouldn't cost you too much. although it sometimes gets hate here on sf, you might want to look at yesstyle. their outerwear is supposedly better made than their other stuff, and it's cheap as ****.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads