• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Actually, I have a bottle in my cellar. It's pretty cheap stuff, but keep one around as a novelty.

Brand? (the mead, that is)

Today/tonight was a mix. Did some tail gating at the University. First stop, wife's company tent. A couple of Coronas. Next stop, tent of a good friend. Some of the best fajitas I've had in a long time, including queso fresco that was in Mexico last night
smile.gif
He had a bottle of Glenmorangie Nectar D'or I had given him for his 40th early in the year. It was a huge hit (thanks Hunts) with everyone and I got the credit. A few Becks. Back over to the wife's company tent on the way out, a couple more Coronas.

Home, and diet lime coke with Wisers.

Ah, you are a member of The Wiserhood, then, eh? (slow clap ensues ...)

http://www.thewiserhood.com/

As for me right now, 2006 Angel's Gate chardonnay -- unoaked, so a little "grassier" than my usual

http://www.angelsgatewinery.com/tast...06%20Chard.pdf

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Ah, you are a member of The Wiserhood, then, eh? (slow clap ensues ...) http://www.thewiserhood.com/
Been drinking Wisers for about 20 years. I have tried for years to get it in the state where I live, but no one would ship it in. I used to get care packages from home
smile.gif
But a few weeks ago, a new place in town had some...and this was the result:
DSC00686.jpg
And thanks for that new website!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Just got a Wiser background
smile.gif

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tell us what you thought of it. I have this laid down by them:

DSC00565.jpg

I'm a novice, but it was a lovely wine. Lots of forward fruits and oak, but with great character and a long finish. I'd rate it a 90.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been drinking Wisers for about 20 years. I have tried for years to get it in the state where I live, but no one would ship it in. I used to get care packages from home
smile.gif
But a few weeks ago, a new place in town had some...and this was the result:

DSC00686.jpg

And thanks for that new website!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Just got a Wiser background
smile.gif

You don't mess around! That's enough rye to start a lot of fights ...

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2004 Ruffino Riserva Ducale Oro Chianti Classico -- a little light for the monster New York striploins I grilled, but I like it anyway.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
You don't mess around! That's enough rye to start a lot of fights ...

I never do things in half measures
smile.gif
My only ***** is they're glass bottles. I'd prefer plastic. And one is empty now
frown.gif

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I've been up to the Evanston market a couple times at Globe's suggestion. I saw the cheese stand, is it pretty good stuff? I wanted to try some, but didn't know if it'd be worth the somewhat steep price.
The cheese stands are overpriced, if you are in Evanston and want cheese, go to the Binnys in Skokie (its only a couple of miles away), great cheese department, good prices and they are happy to let you sample anything. The pippins are apples that are great for dessert, but are virtually impossible to find in the US, if you get up there again before they shut down for the year, you should buy a few of them and try them with some Port and Stilton. BTW, drinking a snifter of Groult 8 yr old Calvados.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Classic Gin Martini with Vya Vermouth.

Color me a convert, but I am never returning to any other Vermouth. This is simply beautiful.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
2004 Fire Block Grenache. I'm developing quite the thing for Rhone style / grenache blends.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the largest G&T I have ever made. Like 1/5 of a fifth of gin went into this thing. Drunkland, here I come!
img00053vs9.jpg

goodlife

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
Classic Gin Martini with Vya Vermouth.

Color me a convert, but I am never returning to any other Vermouth. This is simply beautiful.

I just had a similar experience with Carpano Antica sweet vermouth. FANTASTIC! So far I have had it straight both as a apertiff and a digestivo, as well as in a transcendent manhattan. Next up is the negroni.

I've also been thinking about a upgrade in the dry vermouth category. I will give it a try.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am envious. It's very hard to find Carpano out here. I do rock the Vya all the time though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads