• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Had a snifter of some of the last bit of my Louis XIII.

Every time I drink this, I wonder if I will ever have something so special again. It was bottled in 1965. Some of the grapes for that brandy were picked before WWI, possibly before the turn of the 20th century. The warm, brown sugar, caramel nose, the ultra-smooth texture on my tongue, the feeling as it rolls down and warms my insides.

Being able to have a bottle of this whenever the whim hit...now that would be living like a King!

crackup[1].gif

What, you're out of mead?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Donnhoff Schlossbockelheimer Felsenberg Riesling, um, Spatlese

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
A couple of very nice cheeses. A buttermilk blue, and an aged Beemster. A few cashews, and a good book
smile.gif

I picked up some Cox's Orange Pippins at the Evanston Farmer's Market today, they go great with Port. If it cools down this week I'll open an '83 Harveys or a '77 Warres, if not, I'll probably open a bottle of Malmsey.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saint
I picked up some Cox's Orange Pippins at the Evanston Farmer's Market today, they go great with Port. If it cools down this week I'll open an '83 Harveys or a '77 Warres, if not, I'll probably open a bottle of Malmsey.

I've been up to the Evanston market a couple times at Globe's suggestion. I saw the cheese stand, is it pretty good stuff? I wanted to try some, but didn't know if it'd be worth the somewhat steep price.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just had a Baltika #9 beer, which is like a standard lager with a shot of vodka dumped in it - 9% alcohol. It looks like a standard lager and tastes like one until that grain alcohol burn hits the back of the throat. I might pick up more of it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
crackup[1].gif

What, you're out of mead?

Actually, I have a bottle in my cellar. It's pretty cheap stuff, but keep one around as a novelty.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sonoma-Cutrer Sonoma Coast Chardonnay 2006.

One of my favorite chardonnays, with a balance of all the chard qualities: oak, fruit, butter. All represented, but no single one dominant.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
well i am ******* drunk.

which means...MORE BOURBON!

/what up man, how you landin?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Today/tonight was a mix. Did some tail gating at the University. First stop, wife's company tent. A couple of Coronas. Next stop, tent of a good friend. Some of the best fajitas I've had in a long time, including queso fresco that was in Mexico last night
smile.gif
He had a bottle of Glenmorangie Nectar D'or I had given him for his 40th early in the year. It was a huge hit (thanks Hunts) with everyone and I got the credit. A few Becks. Back over to the wife's company tent on the way out, a couple more Coronas.

Home, and diet lime coke with Wisers.

migo

Reaction score
plain ol' g&t...gordons + canada dry

lost in va

Reaction score
firefly sweet tea vodka + min. made lemonade.

My ex told me to try it and although I HATE vodka...this is a drink I can sip on a nice summer night and enjoy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
well i am ******* drunk. which means...MORE BOURBON!
Landin' like a dogg, backed by Coltrane's "Live at the Village Vanguard." Naima.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads