• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Android phone recommendations/discussion?

MacBraun

Reaction score
I just recently picked up the Samsung Transform, which is my second Android phone. I had the Hero before and really liked it. I got the transform because I didn't want the huge Evo or Epic sized phones and I wanted a physical keyboard. After having a phone without I discovered that I would work better with one and am loving it.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
anyone here have any experience with the tmobile G2. my gf wants to get one. i don't like tmobile but her family has it so they talk for free. better that than a multi-hundred dollar phone bill every month.

I've been using Android phones for yonks. Went from an HTC Magic (HTC MyTouch in the USA) to a Nexus One (excellent phone) to a Samsung Galaxy S (GRRR!!!) to an HTC Desire Z (== G2). The Desire Z is one of the most practical, usable phones I've used in a long time. I wholeheartedly recommend it.

I also got my fiance an X10 Mini Pro. Great little phone if you can stand the small screen. OS is snappy despite it being a billion versions old.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
should i get a samsung fascinate or a htc incredible

nvm. just ordered incredible. should be here in a few

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
PSA:

Please for the love of God people, stop buying Samsung phones.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ this

It only affects me in aggravation dollars, I guess.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope, the continued success of mediocrity marsupials the whole industry and punishes every customer.

Albern

Reaction score
I'm hoping I can get some feedback on what I should get.

I'm the kind of user that buys a phone and keeps it for many years. I am currently using an unlocked Motorola SLVR that I had originally purchased for my sister (until she got another phone); I had been using a Nokia 8390 for nearly 10 years until the microphone failed.

From the few days worth of research so far, I'm leaning towards:
iPhone 4
HTC Desire HD (yes I realize it isn't available where I am yet - in Canada)
Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate or Fascinate - depending on which carrier I decide to go with)

I have no need for bloatware and I typically use all the features on a phone. Also, I'm not a fan of using a physical keyboard so my choices are restricted to a touchscreen form factor.

Any suggestions?

I'm based outside of Toronto and am currently on Rogers but willing to switch carriers. Ideally I would like to get something very soon but if there is anything really nice coming out in January I could wait for that.

Thanks Guys!!

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're wanting something that will last forever, look into another Nokia. The N8 is nice, if expensive, and comes unlocked.
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
Can someone tell me how Android integrates with Itunes, if at all?
You can download an app call iSyncer Lite that allows you to sync your phone to iTunes.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pilot
If you're wanting something that will last forever, look into another Nokia. The N8 is nice, if expensive, and comes unlocked.

I've seen the N8 in person and it's gorgeous. I love the hardware specs - particularly the camera features as I don't have a standalone digital camera. However, I've read reviews trashing the software as woefully years behind Iphone and Android offerings. I'd buy it on hardware alone as I've yet to jump on the more modern phone bandwagons so I'm not used to their ease of use. I could see buying the phone at retail but I've heard rumors that it'll be offered by AT&T eventually so I'm afraid to drop $550 only for the phone to be $250-300 around Christmas.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So, time to replace my Berry Storm. Verizon is a must.

The new Droid Pro is pretty interesting and seems specifically made for people that need to conduct business with their smartphone. I currently have the Berry Redirector on my desktop to forward my MS Exchange/Outlook mail. Has anyone had experience getting Exchange to interact with a Droid, but not on a corporate level solution? Can you get OTA sync with your calendar and contacts, so if my secretary adds an appt. at the office, it updates the calendar on the phone?

My contract date is 11/21, so looking to make a move soon.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Verizon iPhone is probably coming after Christmas. Full integration with MS Exchange.

Just sayin'.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBBSTI LTD