• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
soonami's jacket looks fine. I can see how it might look a little out of proportion with his legs, but I bet that in real life its imperceptible.

Orbital

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
PC151282.jpg

Same ol
Sierra Designs
WWM
Big Mac
EG
5EP
Jcrew

Nice layering. Never been a big fan of those type of shoes, but they work well enough there.

Orbital

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zissou
Getting ready for the 1st Annual Semi Over the Top Family Christmas Photo

EGx3
vintage bowtie
Mister Freedom Chambray
Fake EG QR belt (that I made)
Timberland Boot Company

Superb

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to me the incongruity in zissou's outfit is between the fabrics- velvet (looks like?) jacket matched with kind of tweedy trousers. one is a dress fabric meant for formal occasions, the other is more outdoor/workwear (as emphasised by the timberlands).
dont get me wrong it still looks great and only real nit-pickers would notice this stuff.

hans4

Reaction score
imgp0484a12.jpg

New Era Cap
Scarf Conte of Florence
Coat J.Philipp
Jeans Levi's
Sneakers Adidas

Sorry for the poor quality, the picture was too dark and I had to edit it.
However, feel free to comment.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
ro beanie
ro leather
ro unstable tee
drkshdw hoodie
ro flannel detroit
ro boots

yo that leather is on fiiyyyaaah. -_-; sorry. looks dope.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Wish I could say the same. Zis, although a fairly fit dude, usually wears slightly "relaxed" clothes which suit him well. It's odd for me to see a tight top half while the pants are much more trad. Cover up the bottom half and the fit looks great; cover up the top half and the fit looks great. Put them together and there's a bit of incongruency.
Whoa, I agree with whodini.
Originally Posted by hans4
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/2530/imgp0484a12.jpg However, feel free to comment.
You look like a douche. It has potential, but you look ******* marsupialed with the angled, flattened, sticker-bearing New Era (in combination with the rest of the outfit and in general). Take it off and it would be better, switch the shoes out for something a bit dressier and it would be way better. Edit: Nevermind, I take that back, different jeans are in order too, it appears they are not white as I had originally assumed, but... stone washed.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for comments.

Originally Posted by ToruOkada
shore - The EG shirt looks good here. Not as bright as some photos made it out to be. The shoes are jcrew sperrys?

Yeah, shirt is big mac as wiru deduced. Shoes are J crew boat shoes, but they didn't start selling sperrys until after I got these.

Originally Posted by mpcec
Looking good shore, also nice to see some of you guys crossposting your waywts to sufu. Will hit you with some rep on the other side, nice change of pace.

Originally Posted by jet
ya nice job whoreman

I post fits at superfuture when I remember, and when it's not a MC-type picture, because then I get neg rep like "GO BACK TO STYLEFORUM"

EGx3
vintage bowtie
Mister Freedom Chambray
Timberland Boot Company

In context, I'm sure this looks fine. There is a slight disconnect between the slimmer jacket and looser trousers, but that's how EG styles things, so....

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
nice job all 3
Originally Posted by bluemagic
Wow!
Originally Posted by phoenixrecon
quoted because it deserves a second page.
Originally Posted by jet
zis that is awesome man
Originally Posted by Orbital
Superb
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
zis would be a cool dad to have
Cheers, guys
inlove.gif

Originally Posted by whodini
Wish I could say the same. Zis, although a fairly fit dude, usually wears slightly "relaxed" clothes which suit him well. It's odd for me to see a tight top half while the pants are much more trad. Cover up the bottom half and the fit looks great; cover up the top half and the fit looks great. Put them together and there's a bit of incongruence.
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
to me the incongruity in zissou's outfit is between the fabrics- velvet (looks like?) jacket matched with kind of tweedy trousers. one is a dress fabric meant for formal occasions, the other is more outdoor/workwear (as emphasised by the timberlands).
dont get me wrong it still looks great and only real nit-pickers would notice this stuff.

Originally Posted by Gravitas
Whoa, I agree with whodini.
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
In context, I'm sure this looks fine. There is a slight disconnect between the slimmer jacket and looser trousers, but that's how EG styles things, so....
I won't disagree with these sentiments. The trousers and vest are wool tweed and the jacket is wide wale cord (probably would have been better as wool). The jacket is slimmer than the trousers, but the next size up jacket was way too big on me. I also sized down one on the trousers so the legs weren't too ridiculously wide. All in all, yeah, there is a bit of incongruity, but I thought I'd give it a shot. I like all of these pieces, but this is the first time I've worn them all at once!
laugh.gif
For the actual photo, I was sitting down, and you really can't tell the difference between fits.

Originally Posted by snake
Damn, I wish I had the skill to make a QR belt.
It doesn't take too much!
smile.gif
Hollowsleather on here makes them for a reasonable price.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if the jacket's cord then i retract my statement.
the thing about you is that you can carry off interesting combinations that would not work on other (younger?) people, it's to do with your face somehow. you have a certain character and gravity that makes it possible.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EGx3
vintage bowtie
Mister Freedom Chambray
Timberland Boot Company

Hell yeah
worship.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene