• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just got assaulted. Got the idiot's tag numbers, what next?

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Seriously dude, it sounds like you have a very serious anger management problem. You should get some help. Every one of your posts has an angry tone to it - it just seems like you have a problem controlling yourself. Telling a customer "get your ******* finger out of my face" when he's pissed is obviously a poor way to handle the situation.

How old are you? 16?

I must say I completely agree. I worked in customer service type jobs for a lot of years and one thing that held true in each of them was that when a customer was that upset you did everything possible to diffuse the situation. Responding with anger will only get you into trouble as you've now discovered.

sayocean

Reaction score
I could see that. And I agree, next time i'll know better to control my anger. But the only thing that I could do after the punch was call the cops. Standing there, looking befuddled wasn't an option. Fighting back wasn't an option either. Now that the cops have his tag number, chances are they will find him. THen what? Should I completely ignore the work the detective put in so i can walk away? I can see your point of view, it would have been more valid had i NOT had his tag number and chances of finding him were slim, but seeing as theres a decent chance, I will see it through to the end. ANd no, im not looking forward to "punching" him while he stands there, I just want him to pay the fine and be done with it all.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I rent from Enterprise often and I've never seen them take a car to a wash, they usually use their own facilities.Enterprise employees are required to wear a button-down shirt and tie so if he wasn't wearing one at the time of the assault, it probably wasn't an employee.

.. it could still be an employee though. I'd take a still-shot of him from the video, print it and drive to the nearest Enterprise locations.

Maybe you'll get lucky, walk in and see him sitting by a desk. Boom - call the cops right there, you've got him. If you don't see him ask another employee "Do you know this guy? He left his ipod at our carwash" or something like that so you can have someone ID him without raising suspicion.

clarity

Reaction score
What a tard (your customer). I don't think reacting to him with anger was the best idea since he seemed to feed off it which led to the swing. Personally I find it funny he would get so worked up over a car wash anyways. It's not like something in the wash scratched up his paint or the people cleaning the inside stole something. He prob just had a bird **** on his car right as he was leaving the wash place...
laugh.gif

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sayocean
I could see that. And I agree, next time i'll know better to control my anger. But the only thing that I could do after the punch was call the cops. Standing there, looking befuddled wasn't an option. Fighting back wasn't an option either. Now that the cops have his tag number, chances are they will find him. THen what? Should I completely ignore the work the detective put in so i can walk away? I can see your point of view, it would have been more valid had i NOT had his tag number and chances of finding him were slim, but seeing as theres a decent chance, I will see it through to the end. ANd no, im not looking forward to "punching" him while he stands there, I just want him to pay the fine and be done with it all.

IF (and that's a big if) they do track this dude down, they'll get in touch with you and they'll have your options for you. at that point I would ask the cop what his recommendation is (although having several cops in my family, I'm sure you won't have to ask) and I would follow his recommendation.

if I don't miss my guess, they'll say let it go. dude will realize he got caught so you will have made your point but the detectives won't have to go to court over it and their work is done. tell them thanks for the hard work and send them on their way.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lady Canuker
I must say I completely agree. I worked in customer service type jobs for a lot of years and one thing that held true in each of them was that when a customer was that upset you did everything possible to diffuse the situation. Responding with anger will only get you into trouble as you've now discovered.
Agreed, but let's not play the "Blame the victim" game here. I can get in someone's face and call them whatever I want but that DOES NOT give anyone the right to hit me. It doesn't sound like any threats of violence were made. I don't think anyone can say agree that saying "Get your ******* finger out of my face" means he had it coming. Funny related story - 10 years ago I was a door-to-door "community organizer" for an enviro-nonprofit. One night I was in a neighborhood informing residents of a potential pollution situation in their neighborhood. I walked up to a door and a big guy answered. I introduced myself and he looked at me and said "Get off my porch, hippie" and so I replied with a smartass "OK, but that's too bad for you, have a good night" and turned and walked away. As I'm leaving his property the dude storms out of the house screaming, grabs my shoulder from behind, spins me around and swings at me. I leaned back and he didn't hit my face but he knocked the hat off my head. The second swing left him off-balance and I kicked his legs out from under him and he fell on his ass. At this point I realized he was drunk and just walked away. I never swung at him and I think his fall shook the confidence out of him, he didn't get up and chase me. His next door neighbors were sitting on their porch watching the whole thing, they let me use their phone to call the cops. They verify to the cops that the guy swung first, they also point out that I was already off his property and on the public sidewalk when it happened so no trespassing issues apply. The guy gets arrested for drunk and disorderly as well as hitting me (well, my hat really), my non-profit's lawyers work out a deal where the charges were dropped after the guy writes hand-written apology letters to me, the organization, the officers who arrested him and the neighbors. I still have my letter somewhere.
tounge.gif

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
I can get in someone's face and call them whatever I want but that DOES NOT give anyone the right to hit me.
It doesn't give them the right, but if someone really wants to do something having the right or not isn't going to stop them. If you run your mouth enough, then you can expect to get hit in your face.

sayocean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
If you run your mouth enough, then you can expect to get hit in your face.
Me: Sorry sir, without a valid receipt, we cannot give you a re-wash. Company policy sorry. Asshat: I used to be a supervisor here, i know how it works. Give me my damn re-wash now. Me: So next time you know to hold onto the receipt. Thanks, bye Asshat: Let me ******* talk to the owner now Me: excuse me? Dirty finger to my nose at this point Me: get your ******* finger off my face Takes a swing .... So this constitutes as me "running my mouth enough times?" huh, well thats strange. And I dont think anyone should ever "expect to get hit in the face".

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sayocean
And I dont think anyone should ever "expect to get hit in the face".
Better to expect the worse. From what you said you live in a rough neighborhood. Thinking that people won't react violently when you show aggression in that kind of environment is unwise. Live and learn.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
It doesn't give them the right, but if someone really wants to do something having the right or not isn't going to stop them. If you run your mouth enough, then you can expect to get hit in your face.

You are right, if you run your mouth to the wrong person, you should assume that person is ignorant enough to resort to violence because he lacks the intelligence to resolve the problem without fighting. ....it's a sad truth, but it's the truth in America anyway.

Who here thinks that "get your ******* finger out of my face" is considered running your mouth?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrettChaotix
Who here thinks that "get your ******* finger out of my face" is considered running your mouth?

Me.

Again, I am not a fighter but if I said that to someone, I will expect to have to defend myself with my fists. And I would also expect that the person putting the finger in my face is expecting the same thing.

Lady Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Me.

Again, I am not a fighter but if I said that to someone, I will expect to have to defend myself with my fists. And I would also expect that the person putting the finger in my face is expecting the same thing.

+1 Again I agree.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Me.

+1. Add me to that list too.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
questionsgems