• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm
nice shoes. never seen a u-last in a F width before. if you are getting an F width, perhaps just go with the F last?

yeah, I only buy U lasts in U widths too.
confused.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I thought Vass didn't "do" widths. The shoe widths are scaled by size, one per only. No?

literasyme

Reaction score
So I went to Europe last week, and came back with the following: Church's Guildford (108 last, Brown Nevada Calf):
dscf0648hr5.jpg
dscf0650ei1.jpg
dscf0652cb4.jpg
dscf0665wg1.jpg
(The second, blurry shot is most like the actual colour.) Church's for Jil Sander (9746 last, black baby calf)
dscf0653ye2.jpg
dscf0656xd8.jpg
dscf0658he7.jpg
(The leather has a fairly matte finish, as in the second shot -- it's not as glossy as the other picture suggest.) Crockett & Jones Edgware (348 last, tan)
dscf0660ii2.jpg
dscf0663yw7.jpg
dscf0664vj7.jpg
dscf0668vm3.jpg
(First shot most like the actual colour.) The first two pairs are from the Church's factory store. I was planning to hit all the Northampton factories, but they were all closed because of the school holidays, and only the Church's store was open... I've worn both pairs, the Jil Sander's for a whole fairly active day, so the soles aren't worth showing. The C&J's I found on sale in Germany; I think this is a Paris-only model. All could do with a polish, and my floor could do with a hoover.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by literasyme
So I went to Europe last week, and came back with the following:

Church's Guildford (108 last, Brown Nevada Calf):

DSCF0648.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

DSCF0652.jpg

DSCF0665.jpg

(The second, blurry shot is most like the actual colour.)

Church's for Jil Sander (9746 last, black baby calf)

DSCF0653.jpg

DSCF0656.jpg

DSCF0658.jpg

(The leather has a fairly matte finish, as in the second shot -- it's not as glossy as the other picture suggest.)

Crockett & Jones Edgware (348 last, tan)
DSCF0660.jpg

DSCF0663.jpg

DSCF0664.jpg

DSCF0668.jpg

(First shot most like the actual colour.)

The first two pairs are from the Church's factory store. I was planning to hit all the Northampton factories, but they were all closed because of the school holidays, and only the Church's store was open... I've worn both pairs, the Jil Sander's for a whole fairly active day, so the soles aren't worth showing. The C&J's I found on sale in Germany; I think this is a Paris-only model. All could do with a polish, and my floor could do with a hoover.

the c & j's are beauts! = how much might I ask on sale?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
christian louboutin boots for my man friend
a4uby8.jpg

Merckx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
christian louboutin boots for my man friend
a4uby8.jpg

I'm diggin' the floor. I usually only see that in service elevators.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the foot equivalent of fisting? Guess those shoes and a restaurant size tub of crisco could be the ticket to an eventful evening.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Google says it is real. I hate all of you. Please excuse me while I go wash my brain with bleach.

;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads