• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Maison Martin Margiela '22' Size 43 Men's Brown Derby 'Deconstructed' Uppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhavana01123

Reaction score
Maison Martin Margiela - 22

$990 on MMM's eboutique.

Maison Martin Margiela Men's Derby Lace Up shoes, in rich brown leather with deconstructed decorative distressed stitching, naturally - Made in Italy

You Will be Hard Pressed to Find Another Pair - ANYWHERE!

They’re Beautiful - Size 43 from the Maison Martin Margiela '22' line. These are one of the coolest pairs of shoes I have ever owned. Perfect MMM. These are deconstructed; as in, the cap toe and heel cup have been removed during their crafting to achieve a two-toned, loosened, snapped thread effect.

These shoes will fit a traditional size US size 10 or 10.5. Please see photos for the outer sole length – the inner sole measures 11.5 inches in length. The outer sole is 3 ¾” wide and the back of the heel is 15/16”.

If you know of the reclusive Martin or his collaborative, Maison, then you'll know why I put so many photos depicting the details of the; seams, collar, sleeves, placket, shirt ends, etc. MMM is ALL about the details. Wearing MMM is like speaking a secret language known only by members of a private club or subscribers to styleforum for example. It used to be the way a gentleman might show only one unbuttoned button at the end of his coat sleeve to indicate his functioning button holes (surgeons cuffs), thereby, subtly, indicating to anyone who knows, that he has most likely had his suit hand-made (as in; the whole- consult, design, fabric selection, pattern making, letting your 'cutter' do his thing, fitting, re-fitting, delivered, wearing, ahhhh hand-made ‘thing’ ;-) So too is the subtlety to the MMM syntax and vernacular. Nobody will care, except those with an understanding, and then, it’s like a meeting of the minds, even among perfect strangers. What is best about MMM is that the clothes will appear to be wardrobe staples, everyday items that you can wear easily and all the time, not like some haute couture piece that would look ridiculous in any setting except the one single setting it was designed for, rather, MMM designs are meant to enhance your WHOLE life, easy to wear, to care for and to pair/combine with other pieces.

If you are considering buying these shoes and you don't know MMM and/or you’re not already a fan, then I suggest one of two things for you; 1- move on, the subtlety or the details just won't matter to you and you probably not get the actual value of these, or and that's a big OR 2- go ahead and buy them and introduce yourself to the world of Maison Martin Margiela. You may never look at men’s clothing the same way again. It's kind of like the first time you encounter a Japanese rock garden and actually 'get it', that is what MMM is like; it is beautiful, cultish, oddly simple but never simplistic, highly intelligent and starkly quality driven.

A quick note about the alignment of the ruler in the photo depicting the shoe’s length; I lined it up with the actual inside heel cup in order to give an accurate depiction of the shoe’s length. Due to the angle of the camera, it makes it look like the ruler is not lined up correctly. I triple checked the photo. Just thought you might like the explanation.

If the arch of my foot were more shallow, I wouldn’t even think of selling them - EVER!

Naturally, my shoe trees are NOT included, unless you would like or need them, in which case, I'm sure we can achieve a fair arrangement.

You will see that I have also listed them on eBay where I enjoy a 100% reputation. I've listed them here at a price that reflects the lack of commission.

A quick note about the alignment of the ruler in the photo depicting the shoe’s length; I lined it up with the actual inside heel cup in order to give an accurate depiction of the shoe’s length. Due to the angle of the camera, it makes it look like the ruler is not lined up correctly. I triple checked each of the photos for each pair of shoes I have sold/am selling. Just thought you might like the explanation.

This is what I've posted on eBay...

Condition: Like New!!!

Ebay's Condition Chart:

New With Tags or New Without Tags: never washed or worn; no flaws.*
Like New: Appears new, no signs of wear; possibly worn outside; no flaws.
Excellent: Previously worn, with only very slight walk/wear signs; no flaws.
Very Good: Previously worn with moderate walk wear/fade, but no visible flaws.
Good: Previously worn with minor visible flaw(s), and/or significant sole wear and or scuffs.
Fair: Previously worn with significant visible flaw(s), and/or heavy wear.
Poor: Not wearable, has severe flaws/damage, but with desirable useable element(s).

FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS. All pertinent details are shown in the pictures; please look closely at the measurements and colors and patterns.

Returns are NOT accepted.

Be sure before you buy.
Please notice my eBay rating. It is as it is for a reason ;-)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    260.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 59
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 47
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 47
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 53
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads