• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ xumatrix I agree with what everyone said about the suspenders/braces. Would work a lot better if they were functional rather than just aesthetic. And while I agree with what kiko is saying about needing a bit more grizzle or age to pull off the pattern on the suspenders, it could be possible for you to do if you just went all out with your outfit. Huge suspender pants and a nice rumpled Yohji jacket so that the pattern peeks out at people rather than being full on in their face like that. Heh.

1234, the stripe pants tend to look harder to pull off than they actually are in person. Just throw on a nice shirt and a jacket in darker colours (navy or just black) and you should be good to go. Nice and easy summer pants.

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't think this has been posted yet..?

Yohji Yamamoto Fall 2004

I can't wait for a video of this show to turn up online somewhere. Being able to watch the coats been put on or taken off revealing the awesome dresses below or seeing all that glorious pattern matching going on in the first part of the show in motion would be great. Also love how he brought in floral print for Fall and managed to make it all seem appropriate by his use of fabric and the vibrant but restrained colour palette.

Last edited:

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That last picture of the orange dress is gorgeous. (Or the dress is, or both. Yeah.)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
the ears on the last model with the orange dress are fantastic! some really cool looks there.

I'm a sucker for a good teddy boy revival . The men's collection that same season is a similar theme and super cool. Thanks to ivwri for posting it over in the waywn thread. I think I spotted Terry Hall (of The Specials) modeling. I think CdG did a similar mens collection around the same time... frock coats, western jackets, creepers, pompadours, etc.

and to add to valter's series of Yohji gangs, here's Madness on the runway in that same collection.

Last edited:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

+1 for looking awesome there Ivwri
on another note, i need help finding a new pair of boots to go with my yohji gear, since I pretty much only ever wear boots.
I'm still tempted to get a pair of the red wing loggers that Yohji seems to have glued to his feet, but I was actually thinking about other stuff too, I had a look at Ann D's offering from last fall and this spring, didn't really find anything that blew me away.... then i stumbled onto these Rick Owens http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=RICK-MZ19&d=Mens, they look very different zipped up and that's how i'd wear them as I think they look better than Damir Doma's offerings too...
maybe these KVAs... http://www.forwardforward.com/fw/DisplayProduct.jsp?code=KVAN-MZ30&d=Mens
HELP!

FWIW, those KVA boots just underwent another drop. The latest drop plus Forwards evergreen code knocks them down to $300.

PregnantBob

Reaction score

FWIW, those KVA boots just underwent another drop. The latest drop plus Forwards evergreen code knocks them down to $300.

Thank a lot mate, i actually picked up a pair of Julius in the meantime, cocked the gun and pulled the trigger......... but 300 bucks ... tempted...tempted....

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a ton of this on Gilt right now in its designer blowout sale. Absurdly low prices.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
can't find any runway shots of SS2011 drop crotch cargo pants H0-P55-057 :eek:
are they cropped as well ? the cargo pocket looks ok but not sure if it's bulky or unnoticeably smooth along the legs...

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there a video of this action?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads