Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. valter

valter Senior member

Last edited: May 21, 2012

2. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

black vans or black on black converse as start and if they work for you, then start searching for yohji's. also quite a lot of my japanese friend wear vintage stan smiths with they baggy comme/yohji clothes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2012

3. valter

valter Senior member

The Great Yohji Gangs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. syed

syed Well-Known Member

I've actually been thinking about this too - I only have a pair of black creepers and some black Buttero boots at the moment. Can't decide between a pair of black Stan Smiths or a pair of black Spring Courts (the low cuts). My brother wears the Spring Courts or some blacked out DMs on his Yohji and it usually looks really good. I wish I could wear Converse, but they just do not agree with my feet!

On the boots front, for those who didn't want the heftier Red Wings, how about something like the Red Wing ("Gentleman Traveler"?) 9014? They seem a little easier for those not accustomed to heavier boots, and quite versatile with regards to dressing up or down.

And damn that second photo is cool valter!

5. asobu

asobu Senior member

Appropriately, those first 3 are probably his 3 best runway shows for men. I mean in terms of the actual shows/presentation, though I obviously love the content as well!

On footwear I pretty much agree with what others liked syed said, now in summer I wear my white mujirushi canvas lowtops and black on black converse midtops a lot of with my tapered pants, and chunkier sneakers (in my case a pair of Y's) for pants with a wider hem. I agree with the above about Red Wings GT's, I have a pair in Black Cherry and think they go very well in terms of shape and color with much of my YY winter wardrobe. They're pretty heavy as well though, for lighter boots on the cheap I think docs are perfect. Light weight, comfortable and looks great, imo.

Last edited: May 22, 2012

6. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

am thinking of bidding on a yohji suit.

YOHJI YAMAMOTO AMAZING RUNWAY HOMME SUIT <-- weird title, but tag is Y's for Men. MY-J14-013

hopefully it's legit and none of you are gonna destroy me in a bid war :eek:

7. cowerd

cowerd Senior member

ask questions about condition of item. seller has not described damage to items in my one experience.

8. the shah

"new without tags." i guess you know which i'm talking about , maybe i'll refrain ...

9. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

I now realise that somewhere in my mind I just don't believe how easy it is to get shoes that work with Yohji's aesthetic. I have gotten used to hunting for the right pieces and so to have footwear that one does not need to roam around auction houses or stalk online boutiques for is a bit odd, lol. Of course, there's still the part of me that wants some shoes because of their craftmanship and design, but that's a whole other story.

Also shah, maybe you should just message the seller? cowerd did say he had had only one dealing with the seller before, you might get a good deal (hasn't seen the suit in question).

10. cowerd

cowerd Senior member

Don't refrain. Nice jacket. Just ask, seller is forthcoming once questioned.

11. dantebykiko

dantebykiko Senior member

the seller it's quite stupid to be honest, always wrong tittles and sometimes women garmenst are describe as men. nice suit, thou. i'm sure you will be get it for the current price =)

12. the shah

after looking at it for some time i decided the buttons on the pockets drive me nuts. i really don't like having buttons there, not sure why. otherwise looks pretty nice but i'll pass !

13. asobu

asobu Senior member

It seems to be a decent standard suit but you'll definitely find something better in probably not too long - perhaps something from YYPH or the runway Y's line - so I think you're doing the right thing by passing on this.

14. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

just wondering, but can we see the suit since you decided to pass?

15. the shah