• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

cupper

Reaction score

Then the SA told me that apparently HB's boss Oscar Pinto was informed by Yohji Inc that any topwear available in sz 1 ( except AW11 ) was originally made for Yohji-san himself, i.e. his personal wardrobe ( SS11 Priest Shirt, AW12 Blanket Blazer the other I know of ). Don't know if there's any truth in it cos someone once said also that the man himself wears sz 3? But I have seen how thin Yohji-san is in person, and he is stick thin.
This is interesting David, I've seen at least 3 SS11 jackets in size 1. In my limited experience I associated size 1 to garments not available in size 2 (priest shirt for example) but that AW12 blazer puts that theory to rest.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Asobu has so many good things here !
http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16343

of course i jumped on the leggings :satisfied:

cupper

Reaction score
Caveat I would say AW08 but I'm probably wrong. Ask the seller what's the code printed on the tag.

wireartists

Reaction score
aw11 i think

kiko, that suit rocks.

I've seen quite a lot of sz 1's in y!, yohji wears some sz 3 garments ( I said that)

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
kiki that db suit is oustanding

lovely pickup too Caveat, fits quite slim according to description !

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
alfonso is right. aw11 look1 in black cotton. i have size 1 jacket from ss07 and it fits okey not too slim. i doubt yohji makes size1 so he can wear it :D there are very small japanese people who like yohji and size 1 looks on them as size 3 looks on model.
/

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys, especially kiko for the runway shot. Even more pumped about it now.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was looking at those leg warmers too

I may just combine some type of tights + cropped pants with my Yohji knit in F/W '13
Seems like a real cool idea and I like the whole layered visual apperance with shorts + tights.

Please post a clearer photo Shah when you decide to incorporate the new piece in an outfit.

edit:
The suspender pants are also really cool but linen
Need some F/W pants

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
just coming to check if anyone on here was biding on the aw04 zipper trousers that were on ebay? sorry if you did. i won them and FINALLY after 3-4 fails i completed my aw04 zipper suit....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics