• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If any size 3 is interested I have put the rare knit sleeve coat IC/FS ... only because it could fund more other yy purchases :D

You're nuts bro. Color is in the brown family right? If I could wear that color at all, I'd be all over that. Can't believe you're selling.

wireartists

Reaction score
ss12 gaba coat + ss00 rayon suit, the plaid fabric is painted with black tint in the outer layer, fully reversible.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
that's killer fit

and the pic sucks haha

if that suit is size3 and you ever tire ..........

Last edited:

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ss12 gaba coat + ss00 rayon suit, the plaid fabric is painted with black tint in the outer layer, fully reversible.

extra thumb up for bearded look :slayer:. Still pissed I missed out on that SS12 coat on Y! a while back. Sigh. That the new suit? Looks great!

Congrats Kiko! Speaking of grails...

My first wool gabardine pants :bounce2:

Really like these pants. Got mine in a heavy cotton and was looking out for the 100 gab. Great pickup! The grey looked amazing as well. Saw it in Rue Cambon store, but they only had it in a size 2 then :(.

Last edited:

cupper

Reaction score
Ivwri did you handle the grey ones? how was the fabric? looking at the runway shots seems to be be thicker than 100 gab but soft, very wintery :)

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a little stiff actually, almost like a khaki if I remember correctly. Makes it a lot easier to wear the way it was styled on the runway in that shot for sure though, lol. Felt like it would soften with age and washing. If I had the option, I would have picked the grey over the cotton (even though the cotton ones are in my top three fave pairs of Yohji pants!) if that helps.

EDIT - Finally picked up some SS13 pieces. Hopefully they get here next week.

Sarouel rayon cropped pants (look 23) and this elastic hem l/s tee. Basically this outfit from Atelier (at least I believe the top is the same one):

Last edited:

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
nice pickups ! but i assume from somewhere else, not atelier ? i think you'll wear it much better than that brooding fellow hehe at least you're capable of a generous smile :)

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
Nice Ivwri!

I wore a Jan Jan Van Essche kimono with Yohji trousers today. It was nice to be able to wear a thicker layer after what has been the hottest March on record.
8577588038_88c5bf4e9c_c.jpg

Ivwri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn Guy, that looks amazing! Hat takes it to level 99 :D.

I have been looking into Van Essche's clothing for a bit now as a possible brand that would mesh well with Yohji so this is an excellent enabler (albeit maybe a bit too warm for my weather probably, hehe).

Damn, I really need to find a hat. Next time I am somewhere with proper shops I will make that my top priority :slayer:.

shah, I did pick them up from Atelier. As David would say, it is good to build up the relationship with stores every now and then :embar: :happy:. Also, it is just much easier for me to deal with shops I have done business with before. On the practical side, I don't have that nail biting tension for the next few days after putting an order through and watching the money leave my account as a lot of stores cancel my order and tell me that they don't do business with Nigeria...sigh. Tired of dealing with all that crap.

On another note, Derek at Atelier has been pretty good to me as well so I feel good doing business with them :nodding:.

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
Thanks Ivwri! I couldn't pass up the knit at the price as it gives me a nice change from all the blazers I wear for a lot of the year. Hopefully I can try some of his other clothes too as I think they would mesh well with the rest of my wardrobe. You definitely need a hat, I think it'd look awesome :D

I know the dollar over here stinks and it's far away but am always happy to help you out with Eastern Market. Hopefully they've been ok to deal with from Nigeria? I never did check. Probably should be a pm but it's good to get feedback about stores in a public space for everyone's future reference.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I pretty much want that whole runway look you posted, down to the shoes. Will keep an eye out for fit pics of those pants. The dropped crotch looks completely normal on the runway pic but too weird for me on the ninja. How much of it is his pose is hard to tell.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
^ that's pretty cool :cool:

got some things

aw10 brushed wool lined in cupro

aw04 speckled wool lined in cupro with 3 horn buttons

y's [MC-P11-106] summer-weight wool trousers, basically free-size (42" long, 42" waist)

ss12 silk (blend?) print cropped trousers

Last edited:

Guy Burgess

Reaction score
i thought those SS12 trousers were 100% silk but I could be wrong. Anyway, great pick ups shah.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will be picking up the shah's glorious wool w/ knit sleeves coat!

Sad to see the silk pants go, but much happier for the above to arrive :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads