1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

@the shah that ss11 lab coat is fantastic! Looks much roomier than I thought it would look :) No doubt it's super comfortable.

2. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I though the 2nd pic was a runway shot. Damn, that´s amazing.

3. Harlock66

Harlock66 Well-Known Member

Bummed to find out that Michel Brisson in Montreal had no YY...lots of great clothes otherwise. It was nice to examine some of the Rick Owens pieces up close. I still can't tell if I hate them or think they're cool. I'll check out ssense and Simon's for more Yohji...

Happy to find out that my YYPH seven-button wool melton black overcoat with hood (and YYPH gloves) which I have dubbed the Yohjedi have kept me and my face shielded from the elements. I do get a lot of looks so I'll assume it's the overcoat. The ice and snow aren't too great for the YY Docs however...

Antonioli sold out fast of some of the coolest SS15 items, including an awesome black mandarin collar shirt I wanted...is there anywhere else to get SS15?

Here's a couple new year pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

once the ss15 deliveries arrive you'll probably find it from some of the stockists listed on the first page.

5. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

edit... this was prob 2 year ago now. but there's still some nice images I hadn't seen. Y's has made a 40th anniversary website Y's JOURNAL with a lot of great images from past lookbooks, campaigns, interviews, etc. I just spent a couple hours reading and looking through. It looks like it's still in progress but chapter 1 is complete. Nice design, nav is a little tricky. You have to click the circled #s to the right to advance pages.

It's funny, YYPH is the more creative and experimental line, but I wear and love my Ys stuff just as much if not more. I esp love this quote by photogrpher Ferdinando Scianna:

What do you like about Y’s?
    I love the simple rigorous elegance. And I love the fact that the clothes don’t change the personality of the people wearing them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yohji-san's office? :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
    5 people like this.
  6. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

I love Y's and Y's for Men (so many really beautiful photographs) - the latter is sorely, sorely missed and I wish they'd bring it back.

It had a really clear identify and - can't think how to word it but just a thing about it - that the more recent semi-line-things within the mainline, Regulation and Gothic, for instance, don't really have. Not that I'm knocking the clothes.

7. im eddie

im eddie Senior member

On the subject of baggy clothes. Anyone know who stocks this in NA. It's SasquatchFabrix. Checked their dealer list on official site, but nobody has it other than Haven. Unfortunately my size is sold out. A point to completely different piece similar to it would help. Yes I've checked my local priest clothing supplier. I am thinking Yohji would have something similar, but I know nothing about the line.

[​IMG]

8. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

Opening Ceremony carries SasquatchFabrix. Could check there.

Oh, and Ssense too though I don't think they have it

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  9. queb

queb Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you're out of luck w/ that Sasquatchfabrix shirt. I checked the Japanese stockists that I know of and it was sold out everywhere. I would look around on Rakuten periodically, it'll probably pop up. Or they may just make a similar one next season.

10. Parker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YY costume d'homme tweed suit
    docs
    uniqlo

pants are so tapered that can't even roll up the cuff, so I just tucked into boots. thought about making these into plus fours. lol. still on the hunt for a nice fedora. sorry if I'm fit bombing the thread

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    27 people like this.
  11. leviticus

leviticus Member

Gorgeous fabric on that suit @Parker

12. Parker

thanks man ^ gray-black-blue check, sort reminds me of old 50s and 60s fabric. it's wool and cashmere so keeping me warm today too.

13. the shah

the shah Senior member

agreed fabric looks amazing. i have only a single shirt from costume d'homme, i wouldn't have guessed from the fit of your suit what it was.
    and i laughed at such an absurd apology , we shan't accept , keep bombarding with fits !

14. davidlee388

@Parker I am very impressed by the buttons on that blazer, proper thick horn ones? Also I'm with the shah, keep posting :)

15. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

16. ultronwar

ultronwar Active Member

Hi all, first post in this thread! Could anyone be so kind as to identify this for me? like what season/year etc!

Thanks![​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Parker

yeah, buttons are nice and thick. they seem to be horn, not plastic. the overall construction is very good with some nice details:a long pleat going from the side pocket all the way down to the knee, just one side vent on the jacket, etc. quirky but more conventional design than YYPH stuff. also I believe the jacket is fused vs full canvas if anyone cares about that.

[​IMG]

as for fits here's another from today. not the greatest but you get the idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mixing summer and winter
    YYPH AW10 shawl collar jacket - melton wool
    YYPH SS08 shirt - super soft cotton
    coming soon trou - linen/wool
    stan smiths

4 people like this.
  18. davidlee388

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YYPH AW09 Look 3 Fedora Hat - wool
    YYPH SS09 Look 13 Asymmetrical Blazer - in wool gabardine, the hem finish is amazing
    YYPH SS12 Hakama Pants - wool gabardine
    Uniqlo, no name creepers

8 people like this.
  19. the shah

the shah Senior member

perhaps others would better recognize it, but I just wanted to say i really like it :slayer:

thanks for the lncc link, @xeraphim. i'm hoping to find a pair of spectacles (not shades) i spotted in instagram...apparently not available at the aoyama store !

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  20. the shah

the shah Senior member

Excuse the multiple fits on the page but I enjoyed a quick trip up the mountains !

[​IMG]

leder wool cap
    zam double-layer wool scarf
    YYPH AW06 wool/cashmere shirt-jacket
    YYPH SS14 cotton long shirt
    YYPH AW13 wool gab trousers
    Docs

[​IMG]

it was like standing at the edge of the existence staring into nothingness (but really just dense cloud cover)
    [​IMG]

The real reason I went was to catch the sunset :)
    [​IMG]

15 people like this.