• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

StevenE

Reaction score
http://www.ikkon.com/designers/yohji-yamamoto/lace-up-sneakers.html

I think these are beautiful. I haven't seen them in the UK flagship, but I haven't visited since the first shipment came in. They look seriously good.

I have no idea how Yohji sizing works for shoes. Ordering online would be a shot in the dark size-wise (I usually take a 42 with sneakers, would that be a 3?)

I'm impressed with Ikkon's whole buy this season- in away I haven't been with other online retailer picks. The prices are seem good this season too. I have high, high hopes for the garbadine loop pants and the light blue striped pants come sale season (though the prices even as they stand now are are very encouraging. )

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
got those fantastic gabardine ss96 trousers few weeks ago.. only tried them at home. i would like to sell them if someone its interested. size L - 32 waist. would list them on ebay in couple of days if no one want them here.
ps: i'm selling an other ss92 gabardine trousers in size S - 30inches. spring cleaning my yohji...

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Need more Yohji to wear with that knit I posted earlier...just does not feel right.

Coming Soon is a derivative line right? Always liked the stuff I see on Yoox.

Arche

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I've relisted those blue YYPH trousers I had up on Ebay (the light blue ones with a stripe, not the gabardine which have sold), with a lower starting price.

Last edited:

davidlee388

Reaction score
This is not a fit pic btw. We went to Manchester today so popped in Hervia Bazaar for a truly flying visit.

Couldn't resist to try this on " Not For Sale " Suit 3B Blazer ( HX-J20-203 ) 75/15/15 rayon/ramie/linen, almost a see-thru fabric. Sz 2, half-lined. Fitted silhouette with long sleeves. Polyester " Not For Sale " at the back. Sz 3 is way too big. Didn't bother trying the suit pants ( HX-P29-203 ), did say a flying visit. Sz 2 has 34" waist. Tapering silhoutte with a lightly pressed centre crease. £2000 all in....ouch.

Whilst we were there, I tried on the " For Sale " blazer in sz 1. It was comically small ( StevenE you remarked on this being a sz 1? ), couldn't even button up, couldn't even move my arms....I have tried it in sz 3 in HK so kinda knew what to expect..Then the SA told me that apparently HB's boss Oscar Pinto was informed by Yohji Inc that any topwear available in sz 1 ( except AW11 ) was originally made for Yohji-san himself, i.e. his personal wardrobe ( SS11 Priest Shirt, AW12 Blanket Blazer the other I know of ). Don't know if there's any truth in it cos someone once said also that the man himself wears sz 3? But I have seen how thin Yohji-san is in person, and he is stick thin.

Last edited:

Arche

Reaction score
Yes, those high-waisted pants are truly beautiful, but too small for my size 4 needs. I think being size 3 must be the sweet spot as far as buying Yohji second-hand. In my searches I tend to come across lots and lots of size 3 stuff, some size 2 and 1, and very little size 4 and up.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
thanks for review, D ! that is pricey and i suppose appropriate given what's written on back :p
that cubism jacket is outstanding. if i'm lucky i may get hands on the black one (in jersey cotton, i believe?)

pppp i thought of you when i saw those ! really wish i could find the ones in light grey sz3 but alas ...

no real fit pic either, well i wore it but you can't see anything because i forgot to turn on autofocus left it on macro oops ! though nothing new but ss12 ramie cap in khaki/olive
(i usually use manual focus lens on a camera, not phone...)

SS12 ramie cap with leather strap
AW10 picked stitch DB jacket sz 4 in wool (gab?) with tartan-lined pockets that are hidden abominations
uniqlo tee
cdgh+ wool/poly trousers (from the 90s era suit)
vans
ute ss12 linen bag

i was lucky enough to coax mr parker into letting me take this off his hands :)
my summer headwear is complete now !

Last edited:

Arche

Reaction score
Just a couple of fit pics of some recent acquisitions (the position of the camera is resulting in some foreshortening, so the pictures aren't ideal): YYPH Blazer (the possibly-but-not-very-likely-fake-one
patch[1].gif
)- 100% wool gabardine, half-lined so a S/S blazer, horn buttons, size 4. Hussein Chalayan shirt - very interesting piece, picked it up new, but cheap because of a minor flaw; double layer, top layer is a very loose white collarless shirt, underneath, and attached to it, is a kind of cotton tee-shirt. I think it really fits with my Yohji pieces. YYPH S/S vest (not sure of the year yet, code is HT), 100% wool, but quite light, with an interesting semi-transparent nylon lining. CdG Homme Plus trousers, which my partner found, to our great surprise, while cleaning out her mother's attic. They fit me perfectly, and definitely go with the YYPH stuff. YYPH horse leather shoes (shown before). YYPH pony leather hat (also shown before.)

Last edited:

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone comes across a heavy winter coat by yohji in my size 3/4 please let me know (something like a peacoat or carcoat but with yohji's flair)

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
YYPH SS12 Look 32 Napolean Cubism Jacket - ( HB-J39-808 ) - my personal favourite from the Runway.

Looks great David. I've got the black and gray version of that one. For some reason, it seems to only work with either super baggy pants or loose hakama style pants. I've tried with "normal" pants, but didn't look right.

And btw, you have an incredible Yohji wardrobe. :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads