1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. davidlee388

davidlee388 Well-Known Member

YYPH AW15 on 22nd January 2015.

1 person likes this.
  2. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

thanks guys. that jacket is a grail item for sure.

on another note, happy 3 year anniversary to this thread and big thanks to @Ivwri for starting it. I know discussion has slowed down a bit lately. I've been trying to contribute a little more just because I enjoy it so much. Like most of us I'm a big Yohji fan and have only become more so thanks to the knowledge, generosity and all-around friendliness of you guys. I might be a bit of an odd man out since I'm not a 100%-er -- my wardrobe is about a third Yohji and I still love to wear other things and often mix them together -- for better or worse :) But one thing I've observed with all the different clothes I've had: Yohji stuff feels really special. It's kind of timeless or maybe "out of time" is a better term. I've also held on to almost everything I've acquired over the years -- and even regret the few I've let go.

Happy holidays and all the best to Yohji in 2015

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
    13 people like this.
  3. leviticus

leviticus Member

Apologies for the iPhone photo, but very excited about this collar. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  4. Ivwri

Ivwri Well-Known Member

So good guys!

Parker that outfit is great.

Apologies for being scarce lately, I do a lot of lurking, but have been pretty busy lately and so have less time to post.

Will endeavour to put up some pictures from some recent acquisitions soon!

2 people like this.
  5. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Well-Known Member

three years went quickly. i have to say this is consistently one of my favorite threads on here. it's been in many ways what I think a dedicated designer thread should be: a place to learn about and appreciate a designer's work, and a point of access for the uninitiated. here's to many more years :cheers:

also, looked back at the first few pages and found this.

1 person likes this.
  6. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

Though I've taken a back seat I still love this thread :)

7. davidlee388

This thread is 3 years old....crikey, time has indeed flown. Thank you Ivwri for starting this. Hope it goes from strength to strength like our favourite designer. Love Yohji clothes coz they are such timeless masterpieces.

From the good old vintage......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YY AW03 Look 7 ( Y's for men ) Pickstitched Set-up
    Coat - MU-C03-100 Suspender Pants - MU-P12-100
    White pickstitched details throughout, signature 100 wool gabardine, concealed horn button closure, left the Y's Yohji Yamamoto red/grey tags on for fun :)
    YYPH AW09 Fedora Hat, AW01 Bruno Bordese Monkey Boots. Uniqlo Tee. CDGH+ belt.

To the new and current.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

YYPH AW14 Look 13 Asymmetrical Knit cardigan - HF-K79-189 - in black and black/grey. More like a coat, heavy ribbed knit laine wool construction, 11 off-centre button closure to a big stand/fold down collar. Double front panels with inner grey/black part.
    YYPH SS12 Pleatless Hakama Pants - HB-P73-100 - in 100 wool gabardine.
    YYPH AW09 Fedora, AW11 Monkey Boots, Uniqlo Tee.

More than a decade apart , same awesomeness. That's Yohji Yamamoto our Grand Master.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    15 people like this.
  8. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

@pickpackpockpuck that was my first y's jacket :) felt way too slim after a while though
    awesome setups @davidlee388

not good pics but these trousers are massive!

[​IMG]
    yyph ss12 ramie cap khaki/olive
    y's for men rayon shirt blue
    yyph ss13 cupro/cotton size 2
    vans

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    20 people like this.
  9. leviticus

leviticus Member

@the shah

Beautiful shot!

10. Harlock66

Harlock66 Well-Known Member

Never wise (or Y's -- get it?) to follow up a pic after David or the shah drop those amazing Yohji looks...but to celebrate the season...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brisk winter walking with YY:

Y's black wool garbadine jacket
    Y's white cotton tee shirt
    YY "Regulation" black seven-button silk cardigan with mandarin collar -- just got today, hence pix. And LOVE.
    YY "Regulation" black cotton pants
    YYPH black and white socks
    Y-3 Qasa -- when I first started looking for a pair of Yohji sneakers, I came across these and fell in love with the coolest looking shoes i've ever seen. Then I saw the price. Thanks Kanye! But like I say (or as Oscar Wilde said), "Once a philosopher, twice a pervert." So I took the plunge and my feet thank me. They're like shoe gloves. And a real conversation starter.

Happy Holidays to all my fellow YY disciples and thanks for keeping the threads alive!

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
    3 people like this.
  11. aoreugifragde

aoreugifragde Member

Like the coat harlock and love those trousers shah.

But on a side note I have a quick question. Sorry if this has been asked before but does yyh 'IMPERMEABLE' line only consist of 80 era coats?

12. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

Went to Old Lyric in Shanghai today, they had a bunch of vintage yohji, cdg, dries, junya, mostly yy/dries pieces. The store was tucked away deep upstairs in an alley. The space was nice. I don't know much about YY but ended up getting a coat. The tag says 05AW. Does anyone recognize it and can say more about the collection? Thanks. Sorry for the dirty mirror.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. davidlee388

@accordion Your mirror shots were a bit too dirty for this pair of old eyes to appreciate the details but if it is aw05 ( HN- )then yes the 90/10 wool/nylon signature woven blend did feature in many of the pieces in this, one of my favourite collections, many boundary pushing designs ( leather inserts, knit/cotton hybrids, elasticated blazers, cummerbunds, parachutes, heavy linen for winter use, etc ) but at the same time utilitarian and very wearable.

14. accordion

Thanks, also wanted to ask how difficult or easy it is to find pieces from the same collection? Also the coat is a 2 which is a small? It has a shoulder seam so I imagine it's supposed to be worn fitted? If not then should my idea size be bigger and the coat worn looser? I'm usually a 50/52, but the coat is already down to my shins and I'm 6ft. Lastly, there was a double or single breasted long coat that had white lettering, I think just yohji yamamoto printed around the waist. The SA says it's a "museum piece," it was too small so I didn't try on or ask what season it's from. Any idea what it might be? Here are some better pics of the AW05 coat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. davidlee388

@accordion Still can't see the piece very well, sorry. Everything I said before referred to YY Pour Homme, not Y's or Y's for men. The white composition tag should have a code at the folded edge saying something like ??-???-??? That will decipher the season.

I normally wear size 2 but have not seen a coat this long in that size before, hope it's not a Femme piece....

16. accordion

The code is FN-C29-963. The main tag just says yohji yamamoto, then made in japan. Hope it's not a femme piece either but I guess it doesn't matter.

Alright so I guess it is woman's since it's not HN, not sure how I feel about it. Might keep it, might exchange, mostly mad at the SA for not realizing or telling me.

17. davidlee388

It IS a Femme piece. Did the SA not advise you of such? Unless they didn't know it themselves. Mens coats by Yohji are rarely that long.

It aint an issue if it fits you and you like it.

Now you can check YYF runway to see if it's featured there.

18. accordion

Not showing up in FW04 or FW05, some of the pieces have similar looking zipper/chest/collar but not the exact piece. I'm mainly concerned about resale value. Otherwise it fits, but still though... probably gonna try to exchange if they have anything else good.

19. Harlock66

Harlock66 Well-Known Member

Some of YY's most amazing clothes are femmes. Since he's all about the unisex, I say go for it if you like it. Wouldn't Yohji approve?

20. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

agreed, @Harlock66, in fact i think the YYF stuff often times blows anything from YYPH collection out of the water and the prices often reflect that

also i liked the fit with the qasas, esp the white bit poking out