1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. the shah

the shah Senior member

it's almost certain he got it for much cheaper than the asking price because that was on yjp for some while. but at the end of the day it's up to the buyer and seller to decide on prices that work and he's running a business hence the need for profit. so if you like it enough go for it.

there should def be more drops deeper into the season, might be worth calling japan stores too as the yen is so weak now (depending on what your home currency is, of course)

re: head to toe, well that's all i have nowadays (smattering of cdg, uniqlo, etc) :embar:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  2. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

From AW11 so heavy cotton construction.
    Re:- comma comma, the shop has another identity elsewhere that I have purchased countless items, totally reliable but some members here do not appreciate his method of business that I'd rather not debate here.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  3. sepp

sepp Senior member

Thanks guys for the feedback. Really appreciate it. :)

Heavy cotton, might still be workable for me.

4. cmjct

cmjct Member

I keep asking shoe questions on here (OK this is only the second but...): I'm looking at buying those leopard print sneakers from AW13 and I was wondering if anyone on here has them and how they found the sizing? I'm generally a YY 5 (43 in Margiela, 42 in Ann D) but I've on occasion tried some YY shoes which are a bit all over the place. I purchased some bright blue SS13 canvas sneakers in a six because of the supposed shrinkage but they came up just a touch too big (not casting any aspersion on your advice David Lee, you were really helpful... It was just one of those things). Does anyone have the leopard print kicks? Any help would be super appreciated!

5. davidlee388

Did I say those SS13 canvas fit small? Sorry I couldn't really remember what's said but I do know the " SS14 " canvas fit small since I have a pair of yellow in sz 2 and they only just fit without socks.... I guess a pair of insoles should sort yours out lol, if I've misled you I apologise :/

I would personally treat those AW13 leopard as a pair of Y-3 size-wise, Adidas probably made them....I do hope you are purchasing them at a good price since the £650 or so retail in the UK here was just ridiculous....

6. cmjct

cmjct Member

Sorry David I meant SS14. You in no way mislead me- you're not to know the size of my feet:)

Yes the price is pretty good, around £100...

I didn't think Y-3 have the single digit Japanese notation? I'm getting them online and I can't see the box- hence I'm unable to see any official stats. They say the length is 'approx' 33cm which doesn't sound quite right to me. That's pretty massive unless they have a long toe. Hmmm...

7. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

two recent fits since I haven't contributed in ages....unfortunately mirror pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
    10 people like this.
  8. sepp

sepp Senior member

That heavy cotton YY pants....sold before I made up my mind. Damn. Gotta decide faster next time. :(

9. the shah

the shah Senior member

4 people like this.
  10. Ulf-S

Ulf-S Well-Known Member

Also on Antonioli. I've pre-ordered a pair of trousers and a Chinsese shirt; both are sold out and gone from their site. Quite a lot seems to have sold out already.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. Harlock66

Harlock66 Well-Known Member

That Chinese shirt is outrageously cool. I should have grabbed it - Maybe I can get my friend to grab one in Japan (for a bit less dear).

Outside of some of the pants, most of the other clothes are a little too outre and I don't see wearing them. Bring on the black!

And to drop a quick pic, here's a shot of my top half today - Yohji "Regulation" black polyester/cupro jacket (size 2) - I love the design and construction of this series altho I was surprised how snug the shoulder/armpit fit is on this jacket. Since the Regulation line is military-minded, that may explain it. This was my first lesson in the varieties of YY sizing. I initially bought the cotton version in Size 1 and it was about an inch too tight in the arm tho still an amazing fit and look. I'll be posting this for sale soon if anybody is interested. The best thing is the buttonwork that turns the jacket into a classic YY/Mandarin collar.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. StevenE

StevenE Senior member

Suspect I won't be able to afford, even on sale, but I love those cropped black garb trousers.

13. Harlock66

That cotton poplin shirt is pretty amazing but I just don't see wearing it often enough. But once would dazzle...

14. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

conservative work fit today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ys linen blazer
    uniqlo tee
    YYPH cotton trou
    Ys super position
    vintage ray bans

comfy blazer. different textured fabrics used for lapels, body and sleeves. size 3 fits more like a 2.

- -

harlock, I like your "double D" avatar. I think Simon Le Bon was a Yohji fan back in the day.

12 people like this.
  15. davidlee388

@Parker, effortless fit, the white Superposition added a nice contrast to an all black silhouette. Please post more often.

Simon Le Bon, David Bowie, George Michael, Holly Johnson were all Yohji fans back then, sometimes they owned the same pieces because the UK stock was quite limited in the mid 80s.

1 person likes this.
  16. Harlock66

Thanks Parker, I certainly became aware of YY through DD. Decades later I'm living the dream! And I know somebody here on SF picked up a LeBon YY suit on ebay...had I known...

I always thought the Notorious cover had the most Yohj vibe...

[​IMG]

And that linen jacket is sweet. That's my next YY buy when I can find one, a black linen jacket with hopefully a mandarin style collar...like SS12.

1 person likes this.
  17. the shah

the shah Senior member

:lol:

awesome fit though :slayer:

18. Uratic

Uratic New Member

What season was your coat in the first pic? I brought the exact same coat as an impulse buy and just curious if it was even a runway collection?

19. the shah

the shah Senior member

best tag lol

[​IMG]

11 people like this.
  20. Auburn

Auburn Senior member

I think it is AW 08, but I've never cared enough to thoroughly check. It was my first yohji coat and I've loved it since the first moment I put it on.

1 person likes this.