• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

davidlee388

Reaction score

If anyone is interested, I've just posted a couple of YYPH pieces on Ebay: the pleated blazer from SS 2003 I mentioned recently, and a pair of navy blue wool gabardine trousers. If anyone is interested, send me a message and I'll give you the links. 

The SS03 Pleated Blazer is a gem, a keypiece worthy in anyone's YY wardrobe. I missed an opportunity to acquire a size 2 last year....#regret

davidlee388

Reaction score
Back home from home. 23 deg C >> 3 deg C

Y's AW09 Lookbook Look 11 Hooded Toggle Coat ( MZ-C06-104 ) - last ( great ) Y's season. 100% flannel wool, size 2 & roomy, black/dark grey with red/green/blue/yellow stitches. 3/4 body lined in black cotton, sleeves in cupro, 3 inside pockets. Closed by 4 horn toggles to off-white pigskin dart decorations, single one on sleeves. 2 brown buttons to white-stitched buttonholes at collar. Large hood.

YYPH AW10 Scarf Henley LS Top - ( HC-T36-179 ) - black, 100% superfine wool, size 3. 3B closure to white-stitched buttonholes. Shirt collar + 3" off-white wool scarf detachable via 5 buttons. Versatile + very high construction.

YYPH SS06 Multi-pocket pants ( HR-P55-100 ) - posted before, sz 3, 100 wool gab, large multi waist pockets/pouches.

Basic SS Tee, canvas creepers.

davidlee388

Reaction score

those creepers are so nice. i need to get pair but whole london its wearing them and annoys me so much...

You like my creepers? Haha they are actually women's Asos ones, £15 in the sale :)

Edit:- the whole of London are not wearing Yohji with them :)

Last edited:

dantebykiko

Reaction score
love them... i suspected that they are women because i've seen them a lot here. i missed really nice y's slip-on ponyhair creepers :D pretty much like the celine... gutted...

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys, these were described as tapered pants from YYPH. What kind of pants are these? Looking at getting a pants that has a slightly voluminous thigh that tapers down to hem.

Arche

Reaction score
Some YYPH trousers I bought recently have just arrived, and to my great annoyance I've discovered that the seller's measurements weren't accurate, so they don't fit me comfortably. Regretfully, I'm going to have to put them up on Ebay as well as the others. Just let me know if you want a link. They are 50/50 wool/rayon. The code is HV-P37-169. They are a size 3. As you can see they've got buttons for suspenders. They also have buttons at the cuffs. Here's a photo:

Last edited:

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Auburn, I was simply asking what type of pants could these be in YYPH line. I was checking out their pants and they have many cuts/style like drop-crotch, cropped wide-leg etc.Thought you guys who have a better knowledge of his garments might be able to tell me what these could be since i am looking out for a similar one.

davidlee388

Reaction score
WAYWT( he other day )

YYPH AW06 Look 8 Slash Blazer - ( HB-J12-129 ) - posted before, sz 2, 100% wool, lightweight yet warm. Dark blue/purple with silver stripes. Stand collar, cut-away cut. 5B fencing style closure. 2 and 3 slashes on right & left panel respectively for threading a scarf optionally.

YYPH AW06 Look 9 Flap Pocket Pants ( HB-P12-100 ) - black, sz 2 super-oversized ( 36" waist + superbaggy ). Horn button closure + button fly. 7 big belt loops. Big back flapped pockets with concealed buttons. Double flapped pockets by right thigh + left shin. Such volume + comfort, great in motion helped by the signature soft hand 100 wool gabardine. One of my favourite pants.

YYPH AW08 YY G9 Zip Boots - ( HE-E02-721 ) - black-on-black, textile/leather construction, adiprene soles, big YKK zip closure at centre. Sz 2.

Basic SS Tee, CDG H+ belt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads