1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ivwri, Dec 29, 2011.

1. KongGeorgeVII

KongGeorgeVII Senior member

Thanks. It's probably the same suit actually, I picked it up off rakuten within the last couple of months.

2. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

excellent! great post King G!

3. chayin

chayin Member

The suit looks great , nice fit!

4. xeraphim

xeraphim Senior member

5. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

6. objection

objection Well-Known Member

cartoony sweaters/pullovers -- my favorite part of yohji
    also looking forward to the cat blazers next season

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. Sarabande

Sarabande Member

hello to everybody,

I have a question concerning yohji yamamoto pour homme pieces made in france. i was just a little sceptical about, are there any differences from ones made in Japan?
    Are they made in Yohjis Paris studio?

Thanx a lot for any information. :)

best,

Mario

8. davidlee388

davidlee388 Senior member

No noticeable difference for MIF YYPH pieces in terms of quality however one needs to remember these pieces are 20+ years old now so it will be grossly unfair to compare those with something made in Japan recently.

9. Sarabande

Sarabande Member

ok thanx a lot for reply :)

10. hypebeast124

hypebeast124 New Member

So I was looking at Yohji Coats, specifically these 2 on Rakuten. I'm a little confused by the sizing however. They are both medium, but one is a 47 cm shoulder width, while the other is 56 cm. This seems wrong, as 56 cm is roughly 22 inches, which seems huge. My shoulders are roughly 18 inches apart, but I really like the 56 cm coat more than the 47. Thoughts? Here are the links to the 2 coats

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jimu/item/070957-q/ 47 cm
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/jimu/item/051347-q/ 56 cm

11. hypebeast124

hypebeast124 New Member

Also, will the Hakama pants make a return possibly?

12. Ulf-S

Ulf-S Well-Known Member

I assume that they've measured the width between the points where the arms are attached to the shoulders. One of the coats has a more dropped shoulder which makes the measurement larger.

13. davidlee388

@hypebeast124

The " 56cm " one has a more dropped shoulder construction as remarked however you need to compare the overall sleeve finish to judge properly.

56/2 + 61 = 89cm vs 47/2 + 64 = 87.5cm. So the " much " bigger ( chest and length massive ) coat only finishes on your hands 1.5cm further than the other one which is a small difference.

Over 73000 yen for a YFM pre-2000 coat is a lot for a vintage piece though, quite a steep recycle store markup......

14. hypebeast124

hypebeast124 New Member

Thanks for the info. How much do coats from recent seasons usually run for?

15. davidlee388

Anything with numerical sizing should be worth more than alphabetical ones. YYPH should fetch more on Y! than YFM. Runway pieces should attract more attentiion than non runway ones hence more bids. All generalisations of course, a piece of clothing is only worth whatever one is willing to pay for it.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  16. leviward

leviward New Member

--

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  17. leviticus

leviticus Member

Hi all,

Long-time reader, first time poster. Many thanks to all contributing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YYPH wool garb jacket
    YYPH wool garb pants
    YYPH cotton shirt

30 people like this.
  18. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

That is absolute fire

2 people like this.
  19. leviticus

leviticus Member

Thanks for the kind words @Syeknom! It's finally cooling down here in NYC, very excited :)

I know that some people here prefer belts, but for those of you wearing braces/suspenders, have you ever seen these? They're clip on buttons ( I was able to find some in black, silver pictured below).

[​IMG]
    I bought a set after receiving my first pair of lovely black trousers a year ago and have used them since. Perhaps a good option for those interested in trying out braces in place of a belt.

Also interested in what braces people like in terms of quality. I read Trafalgar has a good reputation for quality, though i've never handled them in real life. The ones I have are fine but the leather ends are quite brittle. Any suggestions?

20. Watashidake

Watashidake Senior member

Looks fantastic leviticus! Those clip-on buttons look great as well, I'll have to pick up a pair for some trousers without belt-loops I have
    Some stuff came in the mail(apologies in advance, terrible iphone pictures)

[​IMG]

Y's for Men wool-gaberdine coat. Perfect wintereight coat. Somewhat difficult to make out, but the collar is actually knit, and can be folded up with the collar strap for a storm-collar.
    Wearing it with Comme des Garçons Homme Plus tweed pants, a uniqlo linen shirt and belgian combat boots.

[​IMG]

And I can't thank Shah enough for these YYPH AW01 knit pants- beautifully thick knitted wool with a silk insert that work as shorts, and as expected, extremely wide - without a belt they fall down without touching my ass.

Here they are on the runway

AW01

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm also wearing a very old YY wool gaberdine shirt I got from my father, which he got back in the 80s. It's a beautifully tailored shirt - as you can see here, it's cut without shoulder seams so it falls in a really unique and organic way

Again, sorry for the poor picture

[​IMG]

Given the volume of the pants though, I feel they go better with a slightly smaller jacket - I'm wearing them here with an old linen/cotton coat

[​IMG]

9 people like this.