• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
0E7BC9A5-5DDB-4FA2-8FE0-5FBB2C42FC5C.jpeg

Yeossal Thompson’s on SG65. A shame I missed on sizing on these but it’s cold enough that a tongue pad, insole and thick socks makes them *almost* wearable.
Paired with a jacket and Monti cotton/cashmere shirt
E36CD7B1-F058-4A90-916E-4C6054533862.jpeg

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for yeossal polo sizing? I'm a 38" chest, 38" hips. I wear untucked and tucked, so I actually need more hip room.

Would I go for a medium or a large? Are the fabrics pre-shrunk? What collar maintains its roll best and looks the nicest under a sports coat?

MrFingers

Reaction score
Any recommendations for yeossal polo sizing? I'm a 38" chest, 38" hips. I wear untucked and tucked, so I actually need more hip room.

Would I go for a medium or a large? Are the fabrics pre-shrunk? What collar maintains its roll best and looks the nicest under a sports coat?
I have 6 and they all fit great. I went with L and my chest is about 41” could def go for XL as the shoulders are a tad small but overall I think you could do M or L for a slouchy fit

wilcthree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha! Glad you’re asking this question. Been looking to dip my toe in the Yeosaal polo pool.

dogjaeja

Reaction score

I'm 36R/30Waist and went with the Small.
The shoulders to shoulder run a bit narrow.
Went with the one-piece swallow collar and have worn it with & without a sport coat - always tucked.
I really like the collar and fabric/color choices, and have thought about going MTO to make a few adjustments.

Rimaarts

Reaction score

I'd say go for whichever size says 41 inch chest? +3" from whatever number you get measuring your chest with measuring tape is their recommendation, and seems to work well for me.
I wear UK L slim fit Ralph Lauren polos normally, and I needed slightly modified xxxl yeossal polo.

is fabric pre shrunk? hmmm... well technically yeossal recommends 30c wash unless I'm mistaken... I wash them at 40 and they did shrink a bit... I have a grey polo incoming and I'll try not to forget to document the shrinkage during couple washes so I can finally stop playing with sleeve length/cuff size...

I have white swallow neck, and rest of my polos will be button down (same as gmto). somehow I love white swallow neck under sports coat but it just doesn't do it for me in any other colour...

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 6 and they all fit great. I went with L and my chest is about 41” could def go for XL as the shoulders are a tad small but overall I think you could do M or L for a slouchy fit
Dope, thanks for the tip man. Leaning towards L then for slouchy fit.
Haha! Glad you’re asking this question. Been looking to dip my toe in the Yeosaal polo pool.
I've been waffling between Proper Cloth, S&M, and Yeossal.

PC seems to have the advantage of cloth selection, but has the weakest collars IMO.

S&M seems like the best value and great collars, but sizing can be a crap shoot.

Yeossal seems like the best balance between the two for a long sleeve.
I'm 36R/30Waist and went with the Small.
The shoulders to shoulder run a bit narrow.
Went with the one-piece swallow collar and have worn it with & without a sport coat - always tucked.
I really like the collar and fabric/color choices, and have thought about going MTO to make a few adjustments.
Ok definitely leaning towards a L then, I'm no longer a fan of tight polos. Roll holds up nice like an OCBD under a sports coat?
I'd say go for whichever size says 41 inch chest? +3" from whatever number you get measuring your chest with measuring tape is their recommendation, and seems to work well for me.
I wear UK L slim fit Ralph Lauren polos normally, and I needed slightly modified xxxl yeossal polo.

is fabric pre shrunk? hmmm... well technically yeossal recommends 30c wash unless I'm mistaken... I wash them at 40 and they did shrink a bit... I have a grey polo incoming and I'll try not to forget to document the shrinkage during couple washes so I can finally stop playing with sleeve length/cuff size...

I have white swallow neck, and rest of my polos will be button down (same as gmto). somehow I love white swallow neck under sports coat but it just doesn't do it for me in any other colour...
Well that size doesn't exist unfortunately, hence me asking the thread. A medium polo is 40" chest, large is 42".

Sounds like they don't shrink much?

I ask because I like to have my sleeves long enough to show under a sports coat. Knit fabrics can be notorious for mass shrinkage vertically.

Rimaarts

Reaction score

PC seems to have the advantage of cloth selection, but has the weakest collars IMO.

S&M seems like the best value and great collars, but sizing can be a crap shoot.

Ok definitely leaning towards a L then, I'm no longer a fan of tight polos. Roll holds up nice like an OCBD under a sports coat?

Well that size doesn't exist unfortunately, hence me asking the thread. A medium polo is 40" chest, large is 42".

I ask because I like to have my sleeves long enough to show under a sports coat. Knit fabrics can be notorious for mass shrinkage vertically.

unless you have special love for slim fit.. why not go for l, see what you think, how much they shrink for you, and go from there?

also, MTO is always an option (same price I think...) can always ask them for a size right in the middle between m and l? just more wait time and less colour choices...

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unless you have special love for slim fit.. why not go for l, see what you think, how much they shrink for you, and go from there?

also, MTO is always an option (same price I think...) can always ask them for a size right in the middle between m and l? just more wait time and less colour choices...
Had no idea they did this, great idea on asking them.

My hesitancy is because ordering to Canada from Singapore will likely involve 39-40% tax on goods, Singapore is outside of free trade agreements.

Ideally I'd like to nail this on the first order.

Sounds like a stock L will work fine for me though.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Had no idea they did this, great idea on asking them.

My hesitancy is because ordering to Canada from Singapore will likely involve 39-40% tax on goods, Singapore is outside of free trade agreements.

Ideally I'd like to nail this on the first order.

Sounds like a stock L will work fine for me though.

yeossal is really good regards to MTO tailoring!

but if you've never done remote MTO, I'd suggest not going all out but change 1 thing at a time. and also, as long as you received what you asked for within 0.5", it's only your fault if what you asked wasn't what you imagined it would be...

MrFingers

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1637703900278.jpeg
    1637703900278.jpeg
    234 KB · Views: 185

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads