• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

YEOSSAL - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Mirage-

Reaction score
So my order arrived today, the free shipping option was super fast and indeed I was able to pay import fees online, though I wish fedex refrained from sending vaguely threatening emails requesting to send personal data within 2 hours, which were already over (though not by much) the moment I read it, for the purpose of clearing customs. Onto the good part now.

As a huge relief, the sizing actually turned out to be perfect for me in both mock neck and polo (the latter definitely only to be worn tucked in, but that's my preference for a l/s polo anyway). The collar of the polo has unfortunately been misshapen during shipping, so it doesn't roll properly, but it promises to be great once ironed.

The knitted t-shirts, as I kind of expected, have a nicely fitted shoulders and sleeves, but a pronounced ballooning effect on the body. Possibly I'd have preferred it slightly more tame, yet the waistband is perfectly sized, and overall I love the vintage cut (it's the reason I bought them in the first place). It might take a little getting used to, but it's something I would not be able to find anywhere else here, and even online the only similar cut I have seen is from the equally attractive option from The Anthology.
I wish more colors were available though, I think a brighter option than grey or dark green would complement the vintage feel.

I also particularly like the wide waistbands on all the knits (including t-shirts), which is a detail that is becoming harder and harder to find even in quality knits elsewhere - I bought a John Smedley one from the outlet last month, and it just keeps riding up as the waistband is small, thin and unsubstantial.

Overall, I am definitely impressed. Sadly, like I feared, given how expensive it is to buy from here in the EU (I had to pay no less than 80€ total in import duties, taxes and courier fee, and that's with free shipping), it will remain very hard to justify more purchases at more standard prices. Doubly so if small, due to prohibitive fixed costs (shipping+courier fee).
I also would have loved to try a pair of the jeans, but unfortunately no odd sizes nor shorter inseams, so that wasn't an option for me.

Last edited:

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got mine today as well. Long sleeve polo in swallow neck.

Everything was exactly as everyone described.

A size L is definitely loose for a 38" chest, but the shoulders fit me, loose cuffs as well. This is actually really comfy and I may never go back to slim fit polos, even if it looks sloppy without a jacket.

The collar is also not as massive as I was expecting. @MrFingers picture nailed it. This is a good thing for me. It has a nice roll, and isn't too sedate, or too flamboyant. It's perfect. I can see myself wearing this shirt year-round under any coat, I run pretty hot.

The collar is neither stiff, nor floppy, and is really comfortable.

I am jumping the gun before washing it and such and actually wearing it, but I doubt my thoughts will change.

@too_poor_for_this FedEx didn't charge me taxes and duties, which I found odd. Will expect the mail from them in a couple weeks.

MrFingers

Reaction score
I got mine today as well. Long sleeve polo in swallow neck.

Everything was exactly as everyone described.

A size L is definitely loose for a 38" chest, but the shoulders fit me, loose cuffs as well. This is actually really comfy and I may never go back to slim fit polos, even if it looks sloppy without a jacket.

The collar is also not as massive as I was expecting. @MrFingers picture nailed it. This is a good thing for me. It has a nice roll, and isn't too sedate, or too flamboyant. It's perfect. I can see myself wearing this shirt year-round under any coat, I run pretty hot.

The collar is neither stiff, nor floppy, and is really comfortable.

I am jumping the gun before washing it and such and actually wearing it, but I doubt my thoughts will change.

@too_poor_for_this FedEx didn't charge me taxes and duties, which I found odd. Will expect the mail from them in a couple weeks.
Worth noting that there’s another collar offered that I find to look different. It’s on the two colors of blue offered, I forget the name. Also I washed the black one for the first time the other day and hung dry, absolutely no shrinkage and collar was up and ready to go when it was fully dried, no need to iron at all. I was impressed

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worth noting that there’s another collar offered that I find to look different. It’s on the two colors of blue offered, I forget the name. Also I washed the black one for the first time the other day and hung dry, absolutely no shrinkage and collar was up and ready to go when it was fully dried, no need to iron at all. I was impressed
This one? I am interested in it, curious to see how it looks under a SC.

One-Piece Pointed Artisanal Polo – YEOSSAL

I'm glad to know the shirts hold up great post-wash. This sounds perfect for me because I don't iron.

Also, the hidden button configuration is not as flimsy as I thought it would be. The elastic and button configuration felt pretty solid, and the button stitching looked absolutely immaculate.

Do you usually unbutton the collar points before laundering, or just leave it buttoned?

Evacipator

Reaction score
I ususally unbutton the collar points before washing, only because I take to undoing all buttons on everything I wash, but I don't know how necessary it actually is.

Also, if you do find collar collapsing (after washing, or if you pack them into a suitcase or drawer or whatever where they get flattened), I find that unbuttoning the collar points, rolling out the collar, and then steaming the collar has given me the best success at re-introducing the collar roll. Just seems quicker and more surefire than ironing, but YMMV with different equipment.

MrFingers

Reaction score
This one? I am interested in it, curious to see how it looks under a SC.

One-Piece Pointed Artisanal Polo – YEOSSAL

I'm glad to know the shirts hold up great post-wash. This sounds perfect for me because I don't iron.

Also, the hidden button configuration is not as flimsy as I thought it would be. The elastic and button configuration felt pretty solid, and the button stitching looked absolutely immaculate.

Do you usually unbutton the collar points before laundering, or just leave it buttoned?
Here you go
E33B9B03-0511-4DF1-849A-78A197DD3AB3.jpeg
972B6743-248A-4ACD-BD39-7B06F33E705F.jpeg
2B519CDF-1B86-4E5E-A77F-E3FC019E04CF.jpeg

I’d say this one wears a bit more casual, or on the other end: way too on your face. The cotton is also softer, kind of like a knit. Whereas the other ones are standard pique I believe. So this is prolly less likely to hold its shape

Mirage-

Reaction score
Here you go View attachment 1712232 View attachment 1712233 View attachment 1712234

I’d say this one wears a bit more casual, or on the other end: way too on your face. The cotton is also softer, kind of like a knit. Whereas the other ones are standard pique I believe. So this is prolly less likely to hold its shape
Actually this is the one I got. The asymmetry in the collar stance is bugging me to no end, I thought it simply needed ironing, but yours present the same tendency. The cotton does feel very soft indeed.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go View attachment 1712232 View attachment 1712233 View attachment 1712234

Damn, I actually like this one a lot too.

I see myself buying the swallow neck polos as my "standard" in the future, and maybe some of these ones for some more flare. I have a longer, thin neck so I think I can pull them off.

The roll definitely looks pretty wild though, and I like the look of the fabric too.

wilcthree

Reaction score
Just got my swallow neck polo from the Black Friday Sale. This thing is legit. Size large fits me perfectly. Will indeed be buying more once they restock.

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • cr2596

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 7 12.7%