• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GrahamM

Reaction score
Thanks for your views guys! Looking to pair with smarter trousers more than denim. Not worsted or suits, but heavier textured woollens.

Graham

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
F1C9778D-E991-4DCD-8257-BB283B9C8CBF.jpeg

Yeossal posted this on Instagram with a note to watch for more... I’m intrigued. Curious what it’ll be (they’ve only confirmed it isn’t another CGO) - pretty sure those look like the TLB artista balmoral not one of the Y’s to me?

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any guess?

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a Japanese brand. They used to stock a couple brands in the 750-900 range.

Not sure how much sense it would make to do say a $500 GYW brand between Artista and Y so I’m curious if it’ll slot in below TLB or above Y. A hand welted RTW alternative above Y but below say ACME that slots in where the Meccariello Argentum Dux stuff used to live would be intriguing.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the IG has tag says goodyear welt though, so presumably not above xibao/yeossal but in between TLB and Xibao/Yeossal

TheVirt

Reaction score
Are there any trouser fabrics that are high-twist wools? I see some Standeven Explorer fabrics but I'm not certain those are high-twist.

ZaneLim

Reaction score
Are there any trouser fabrics that are high-twist wools? I see some Standeven Explorer fabrics but I'm not certain those are high-twist.

I can confirm that the Standeven Explorer is a high twist. They also have the Lanitex high twist, but it's blended with terylene, which I know not many people might be a fan of. I actually have a pair of their trousers in the Lanitex flannel, which has the same blend. I am quite surprised at how much I like it. It holds a crease SO well and consistently looks like it's JUST been pressed. For anyone concerned about having their trousers look pristine throughout the day, I would definitely recommend the Lanitex.

They also carry Harrions Frontier. It is not a high twist wool but has a similar crisp finish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads