• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Asking here because I'd rather annoy y'all than Yeossal's CS team lol.
Has anybody inquired about getting a pair of their linen shorts made up in a shorter inseam?
Or, if no, have y'all noticed the shorts rumpling enough to effectively shorten the inseam without actually, ya know, shortening the inseam?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
no idea, but shorten inseam got to be one of the easier/cheaper alteration out there anyway?

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Asking here because I'd rather annoy y'all than Yeossal's CS team lol.
Has anybody inquired about getting a pair of their linen shorts made up in a shorter inseam?
Or, if no, have y'all noticed the shorts rumpling enough to effectively shorten the inseam without actually, ya know, shortening the inseam?

yeossal if you ask them nicely enough, can do pretty much anything. Caveat being you getting what you asked. If what you asked turns out to be not what you wanted, it’s your problem. But yes, inseam shortening is one of the easiest alterations.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no idea, but shorten inseam got to be one of the easier/cheaper alteration out there anyway?
True, though tacking $20+ onto what is already a not-inexpensive frivolity is something I'd just as soon avoid, if able.
yeossal if you ask them nicely enough, can do pretty much anything. Caveat being you getting what you asked. If what you asked turns out to be not what you wanted, it’s your problem. But yes, inseam shortening is one of the easiest alterations.
This is my thought. They've always been exceedingly helpful in past interactions. Suppose I'll give them a shout.

monkey66

Reaction score
Today, Lanatex from last year. Full outfit here.

P1010454 copy.jpg

Rimaarts

Reaction score
So. Il post pictures on a more sunny day, but yesterday I unpacked yeossal gilstead. Just tried them on at home, so here is some quick thoughts. Yc3 vs sg65 vs Antonio chisel 2.
1. Chisel 2 11uk and sg65 10.5 wide fit, shoe trees are interchangeable and fit is still 90% lasted on both.
2. Sg65 wide and yc3 normal fit trees are not interchangeable. Not because toe shape but ball shape is different. Yc3 trees feels too wide for sg65 wide fit shoes.

so now to wait for dry day to wear sg65.

yc3 was bleeding the joint of my toe, and it took some 10 wears and some Velcro to get better. Let’s hope sg65 with a bit different ball measurements will be better.

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So. Il post pictures on a more sunny day, but yesterday I unpacked yeossal gilstead. Just tried them on at home, so here is some quick thoughts. Yc3 vs sg65 vs Antonio chisel 2.
1. Chisel 2 11uk and sg65 10.5 wide fit, shoe trees are interchangeable and fit is still 90% lasted on both.
2. Sg65 wide and yc3 normal fit trees are not interchangeable. Not because toe shape but ball shape is different. Yc3 trees feels too wide for sg65 wide fit shoes.

so now to wait for dry day to wear sg65.

yc3 was bleeding the joint of my toe, and it took some 10 wears and some Velcro to get better. Let’s hope sg65 with a bit different ball measurements will be better.
Fascinating! A few questions.

Bleeding as in actual blood flow? What, like a very serious blister? The ball joint, or another one?

What'd you use the Velcro for?

So, the ball of the SG65 appears smaller than that of the YC3? Yet you are hopeful it will help? Not sure I follow.

Rimaarts

Reaction score
Fascinating! A few questions.

Bleeding as in actual blood flow? What, like a very serious blister? The ball joint, or another one?

What'd you use the Velcro for?

So, the ball of the SG65 appears smaller than that of the YC3? Yet you are hopeful it will help? Not sure I follow.

on top of a toe joint. I'm not sure why but my last 3 more expensive shoes all has done that.

stuck a piece of velcro on shoe tree on the problem area to stretch a bit. for yeossal y3c it seemed to help. for meccariello, better but not completely.

yes, sg65 is more narrow, however distance from heel to toe and pinky is a bit different than y3c and shoe has longer toe. and also y3c seemed... flatter? so I think it'll help.
yeossal being narrow for me has never been a problem.they are soft like a slippers and stretch very quickly.

Betta

Reaction score
on top of a toe joint. I'm not sure why but my last 3 more expensive shoes all has done that.

stuck a piece of velcro on shoe tree on the problem area to stretch a bit. for yeossal y3c it seemed to help. for meccariello, better but not completely.

yes, sg65 is more narrow, however distance from heel to toe and pinky is a bit different than y3c and shoe has longer toe. and also y3c seemed... flatter? so I think it'll help.
yeossal being narrow for me has never been a problem.they are soft like a slippers and stretch very quickly.
I had/have a similar issue with a pair of new Winson's as well (slightly hammered/elevated toes). I tried using a thick boot-sock over the shoe trees and it helped, but might give this velcro a go. What type of velcro did you use?

Rimaarts

Reaction score
I had/have a similar issue with a pair of new Winson's as well (slightly hammered/elevated toes). I tried using a thick boot-sock over the shoe trees and it helped, but might give this velcro a go. What type of velcro did you use?

doesnt really matter as long as it’s thickest you can find and I’d use fluffy side as not to scratch inner lining. It doesn’t have to be Velcro, you can modify shoe tree too but I figured Velcro is easier. Just stick it on the problem area and use shoe trees between wears. For y3c took me 2 weeks/3 wears, meccariello I didn’t wear enough but seemed not completely fixed but better.

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First wear of custom patina Minden loafers on yc3 last.

Was concerned about fit when purchasing but taking normal width in this last ended up being a good thing. Heel slip was minimal and had no discomfort while wearing.

Feet and calves a little sore the day after but expected since I’ve rarely worn anything but sneakers and slippers for the last 15 months

00DBCE65-97FA-4D6E-8472-C99FEC127E80.jpeg 6538E79B-494A-4E1C-9586-CE4BD3588B2E.jpeg 992C04F8-A5CD-4AC4-BA07-A5CBA72FE0CA.jpeg 19253CDC-8926-4292-9A65-4ECB115F878E.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads