1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

www.shopthefinest.com - affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LA Guy, Jun 24, 2008.

1. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

where are the Norwegian ?

2. razl

razl Senior member

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

How do I know which SM shoes are Goodyear welted?

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Ian is my latest shirt crack dealer, thanks to his latest bumper crop of Eye-Talians. Pics shortly.

5. Merlino

Merlino Senior member

Anyone hear anything or order anything from Ian lately? I sent him a couple of e-mails with question regarding some shirts I wanted to order but I haven't received any replies. Little hesitant to place an order, now.

Thanks!

6. JamesX

JamesX Senior member

razl mentioned he order a pair of boots.

I also ordered a pair of boots (exact same pair as Razl) 2 weeks ago, and a pair of Monks yesterday.

The questions I had for the Boots were promptly answered and communication was great. I had no questions on the Monks.

The Monks were sent today IIRC.

7. Galix

Galix Senior member

Hi guys!
    I just wanted to publicly congratulate Ian for his amazing shop. I recently purchased a couple of items and I couldn't be happier with the products, the service and the extremely fast delivery (and they had to cross the Atlantic!).

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Anyone hear anything or order anything from Ian lately? I sent him a couple of e-mails with question regarding some shirts I wanted to order but I haven't received any replies. Little hesitant to place an order, now.

Thanks!

Yep - He responded right away, but he may be drowning in his new delivery of shirts...

Also, as promised - thanks Ian!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Merlino

Merlino Senior member

Sry for the late response but thanks for the reassurance guys!

10. Merlino

Merlino Senior member

11. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

Any discount/free shipping for SF members?

12. SpooPoker

Without speaking for Ian - I have asked several times, and he has explained that his prices are the lowest they can go for everyone to be fair, so there are no discounts.

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

No

14. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Senior member

Thanks for the replies. To be clear, wasnt suggesting that there ought to be a discount, but rather just checking pre-purchase since such offers have become common practice among some SF affiliate vendors.

15. earthdragon

earthdragon Senior member

+10 . The first time I met him , i feared that he was going to "Biatch Slap" me for even mentioning the possibility of a discount. His prices are more than reasonable and the products amazing.

16. celeste_pista

celeste_pista Senior member

+10 . The first time I met him , i feared that he was going to "Biatch Slap" me for even mentioning the possibility of a discount. His prices are more than reasonable and the products amazing.

I agree wholeheartedly that his prices, product, and service are all exceptional.

it is interesting to me that his prices are the same at the webstore as on ebay, though. As a buyer I can get 2% back buying on ebay through ebay bucks, but I know he is paying them more than 2%. all 4 of my orders this year have been direct b/c it seems silly to make him pay ebay so I can get 2% off, but I do wonder if the ebay fees make the statemetns above a bit inconsistent. I'd think the costs associated with maintaining the website are more fixed than ebay fees.

17. david123

david123 Senior member

I just bought a great down vest from Ian at a very reasonable price. I felt like his shop deserved a bump.

18. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

+1

19. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

+1 on both statements. He is very firm about there being no discounts, but I just said, "hey, can't blame a guy for trying" and he was nice about it - it's not like he will get offended if you ask nicely once, but he is very clear in his response. Prices are as listed, no matter who you are and how much you buy.

20. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I think the prices are a little high and should offer a discount just to make us feel a little special.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011