• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's wrong w/my right armpit????

misterbowles

Reaction score
I know this will sound a little odd, but I'm being quite serious...

For some reason, in the past month or so, my right armpit has begun to sweat really heavily. My t-shirt will get wet within an hour after I apply anti-perspirant, and it soaks through to my shirt quickly after that. I have no idea why this is suddenly happening; I've never had this problem before. I use Aveda anti-perspirant, which is actually pretty powerful, and has always worked in the past.

I haven't changed my diet, and my weight hasn't fluctuated (I am 6'2", 210, and pretty fit). The only major lifestyle change I have made of late is that I have cut my alcohol intake by about half, but I can't see why that would be a factor.

Any ideas?

fpg

Reaction score
Have you begun any new medication? A few years ago I had the same problem with a prescrition for anxiety and it did the same thing.

BjornH

Reaction score
Any lumps to be felt inside the armit that are not in your left one ? Wild guess, I admit...

B

Jill

Reaction score
While I couldn't venture a guess at the cause, I can recommend a solution. I've not personally tried it, but I know from talking to my dermatologist/friend that botox injections are being used to stop excessively sweaty palms and feet. It can also be used, he says, for the pits.

And no armpit wrinkles..

policy

Reaction score
I know what happened:

You became immune to the chemicals in Aveda Anti-Perspirant. If I know Aveda, and I think I do, that Anti-perspirant probably uses a very low content aluminum to stop you from perspiring - because that's better for the environment and yourself I guess they assume.

Try out some old spice red zone anti-perspirant, if you sweat through that, see a dermatologist.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, it was because you reduced your alcohol consumption by half and you now have a serious wine deficiency.

....actually....
I've never been a sweater but have more lately... I think it may be related to age. ....while we're on the subject - what's up with hair growing in weird places like the earlobes?

...turn 35 and suddenly turn into a friggin Chia-Chuck

Cliff

Reaction score
While I couldn't venture a guess at the cause, I can recommend a solution. Â I've not personally tried it, but I know from talking to my dermatologist/friend that botox injections are being used to stop excessively sweaty palms and feet. Â It can also be used, he says, for the pits. And no armpit wrinkles..
Would you have to botox both 'pits ? So one wouldn't look younger than the other
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads