• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ngredient
I picked up my pair of Nubuck plack and cherry oil brown yesterday and treated them with obenauf's already, i'm very satisfied with my boots, but I kinda wish I had the money for an oil black leather pair.

Hey did your Cherry Oil Brown darken with the Obenauf's treatment?

Ngredient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
Hey did your Cherry Oil Brown darken with the Obenauf's treatment?
Pretty nicely actually, i'll take pics when I finish treating the **** out of it

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ngredient
Pretty nicely actually, i'll take pics when I finish treating the **** out of it

That will be great.

I have no idea what is holding my delivery. I was told by them last week that they will ship them out on Friday. Fedex would be used as an alternative to Canada Post. No email or shipping confirmation as of now. Frustrating times..

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone please call Dayton and ask whats up with the oiled brown.
I might give them a call at 7 if they are still open because Im outside at the moment.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ceoceo
Someone please call Dayton and ask whats up with the oiled brown.
I might give them a call at 7 if they are still open because Im outside at the moment.

Isn't this the second time you've asked someone to reach out about questions you have? Afraid of human contact, broken fingers?

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
Isn't this the second time you've asked someone to reach out about questions you have? Afraid of human contact, broken fingers?
[gasp] You know more about my posts than I do??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I believe this is my first time asking others, I might be wrong though, as I do not have such good memory. I do appreciate your kind attention on my posts. I have called them several times and sent emails, and I have posted one of their answers on my inquiry a couple weeks ago. You are partly right. I guess it was more of me being preoccupied and lazy at the same time. But what the **** is wrong with you asking me if I have social problem or broken fingers?

hxh_killua

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ceoceo
[gasp] You know more about my posts than I do??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I believe this is my first time asking others, I might be wrong though, as I do not have such good memory. I do appreciate your kind attention on my posts.
I have called them several times and sent emails, and I have posted one of their answers on my inquiry a couple weeks ago.
You are partly right. I guess it was more of me being preoccupied and lazy at the same time.
But what the **** is wrong with you asking me if I have social problem or broken fingers?

Don't be too upset, we can rule out broken fingers since it seems you're capable of typing. I used seems cause you appear to be quite sensitive about the subject.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Seriously, you'll get your boots. It's summer, wear cheap canvas sneakers and drink outside in the sunshine and be happy.

On another note, I wore mine for the second time today. Put in a couple of miles of walking in them and they were pretty comfy. I added a pair of "2-oz. Miracle" insoles, which I do to almost all of my shoes since I have kinda high arches.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally think Dayton's customer service is just becoming sucky. They have my boots ready to go since last week and they have yet to ship them out. Apart from the postal strike, they simply came up with some reason to delay the shipping having confirmed earlier that the boots were packed and ready to go. They even got the wrong size packed. If not for me calling and making sure, they would have dispatched that.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

And the ones picking up the phone are clueless as how these things can be sorted out only for me to be told to call back the day after.

_cameosis_

Reaction score

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by _cameosis_
skimming through the thread, i see some people criticize the price / value of these boots, and the hype surrounding them. while i personally am inclined to share this point of view, at least you can wear them and thus put them to use.

check these auctions to see what "burning money" actually means:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180685568243
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170658531149

it's a leica thing -- you wouldn't understand.
sarcasm.gif

seriously
redface.gif

cloonz

Reaction score
hey there is a lot of **** you can do with boxes

for example: you can put stuff in them

and probably some other stuff

_cameosis_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cloonz
hey there is a lot of **** you can do with boxes for example: you can put stuff in them and probably some other stuff
you do know how small these specific boxes are, don't you? mind you, i too collect leica products, but the quoted purchases are a bit "rich" (not judging, just saying). didn't want to hijack the thread, however. i like the service boots, but wouldn't pay the price they usually command -- anybody who does, has all the right to do so just the same.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walked around the whole day in mine this past weekend, the boots are pretty comfortable and didn't need much breaking in. The topy was well worth the extra $15.

However, I am not sure if I am alone in this but I'm not liking the leather laces that came with the boots, reminds me of the boat shoes laces which I also do not like, so I had to put a pair of extra black laces from my black Indys instead.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads