What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

Can anyone link to a definitive version of each of the color options available through Dayton? Here's one I managed to find for "black" (I'm guessing "oiled black", minus the sole): http://www.outlooksformen.com/images..._007_thumb.jpg
    Based on the photos on Dayton's site I believe that is probably the black chrome leather. This is a boot in black oil tan, [​IMG] and I think these are as well, http://www.cornershop-tokyo.com/cale...s-allowed.html The oil tan leather is supposed to be more of a matte finish. edit: oiled brown was posted a few pages back, http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...4&postcount=82

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

how longs the sale running?
    I think April 13 or 14

3. Local_Disk

Local_Disk Senior member

4. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

Yeah same boat. I said it was approx 11 inch. She said I'm a size 7.5. I figure if they are a little big I will put insoles in them...

weird.. I measured using the guide and got 11 inches too, but I regularly wear 10 and 9.5. wtf? you use a measuring tape and place it in the middle of your heel and measure to the tip of your big toe correct?

5. irbe

irbe Senior member

weird.. I measured using the guide and got 11 inches too, but I regularly wear 10 and 9.5. wtf? you use a measuring tape and place it in the middle of your heel and measure to the tip of your big toe correct?
    Yes. Middle of the heel along the foot straight to your toe.

6. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Waiting for confirmation on my order. I told her my foot length was 10 7/8 (using their site) and I wear size 7 in shoes (7 in Chucks, 40 in CPs). She said a 7 would work for the boots. Anyone with similar sizing measure the same foot length? After reading this thread, I might have to change that to a 6. [​IMG]

Yeah same boat. I said it was approx 11 inch. She said I'm a size 7.5. I figure if they are a little big I will put insoles in them...

I measured 11 inch toe to heel. 7.5???? They cant be running that big. I think 11inches would be a 10 or a 9.5 in Daytons. I will get an answer later today confirming this. 7.5 is quite astonishing to be honest because i am a US 11 in most shoes. Even Steve's suggestion was a 9 or a 9.5. Check out with them proper.

Irbe, your size should be similar to mine. I will post it here later.

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I measure 11 inch toe to heel. 7.5???? They cant be running that big. I think 11inches would be a 10 or a 9.5 in Daytons. I will get an answer later today confirming this. 7.5 is quite astonishing to be honest because i am a US 11 in most shoes. Even Steve's suggestion was a 9 or a 9.5. Check out with them proper.

Irbe, you size should be similar to mine. I will post it here later.

my foot measures 11.5" and they said I should get a 10.5, make sense to me

8. legendofthepanda

my foot measures 11.5" and they said I should get a 10.5, make sense to me

wait you just said they suggested 7.5? what.

9. APK

APK Senior member

If anyone's interested in the actual W+H Dayton boot in charcoal nubuck, PM me. I'm considering selling my pair (44.5/11). Used, but still looking cute as a button.

10. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

looks like Dayton had a Groupon last August. http://www.groupon.com/deals/dayton-boots If anyone can't afford them right now (I almost couldn't), no worries. I'm sure in a few months or so some other deal will pop up! I'm really glad I have a chance to own these, being from Vancouver, I love supporting local brands. A few years ago, Dayton almost outsourced to China, because of decreasing profits. Glad they never did! (thanks to the new CEO and owner).

11. click here

click here Senior member

Would wearing the nubuck in the rain be okay? Or would it damage the leather?

12. shibbel

shibbel Senior member

Saw my cc statement today, dayton deal turned slightly less sweet because our weak ass USD!

13. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

wait you just said they suggested 7.5? what.

no I didn't?

quote where I said that

14. legendofthepanda

woops yeah you're right. I mistook you for that one guy [​IMG]

15. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Senior member

no I didn't?

quote where I said that

Pretty sure he meant irbe.

I measured 11 inch toe to heel. 7.5???? They cant be running that big. I think 11inches would be a 10 or a 9.5 in Daytons. I will get an answer later today confirming this. 7.5 is quite astonishing to be honest because i am a US 11 in most shoes. Even Steve's suggestion was a 9 or a 9.5. Check out with them proper.

Irbe, your size should be similar to mine. I will post it here later.

Please do. I'll have to call them today to clear this up as well.