What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Astronaut888, Jan 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. mischief

mischief Well-Known Member

Just got my order half way done. Spoke to Michelle. Excellent communication. She got my measurements and will have a word with the production manager before dropping me a mail to confirm my sizing and the other fine details.

As far as the leather issue, i am going with the oiled tan brown. The distressed leather is that of 'low rider' on their site. I might just get another in nubuck.

For those having sizing issues, get your measurements for instep, ball of your feet, heel to toe(check out measurement guide- http://www.daytonboots.com/sizing). These are the 3 crucial measurements that will be used to determine the corresponding last that your shoes will be made on. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the confirmation, that was a big help!

2. bassmanpatsfan18

bassmanpatsfan18 Senior member

Is there a consensus on what the final sale price is for custom orders from Dayton? Does it depend on what kind of leather you get?

3. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

274 + 15 shipping + 15 topy usually.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

damn the distressed brown looks ugly then if the 'low rider' reflects its true color. i'm out again.

5. legendofthepanda

legendofthepanda Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a Red Wing GT or some clarks DB to compare the size to? Thanks

6. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Check through the last few pages of this thread or go over to the 'official sales thread' and check back the last 10 pages or so. You might get a few post on brand/size comparison. Safe bet would be to get your measurements and get on the phone!

Does anyone have a Red Wing GT or some clarks DB to compare the size to? Thanks

7. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

so I just ordered a pair, right when they answered she said, "I bet you want to order a pair of service boots like the rest of them."
    lol
    Yes, yes I do [​IMG]

8. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Senior member

Waiting for confirmation on my order. I told her my foot length was 10 7/8 (using their site) and I wear size 7 in shoes (7 in Chucks, 40 in CPs). She said a 7 would work for the boots. Anyone with similar sizing measure the same foot length? After reading this thread, I might have to change that to a 6. [​IMG]

9. irbe

irbe Senior member

Waiting for confirmation on my order. I told her my foot length was 10 7/8 (using their site) and I wear size 7 in shoes (7 in Chucks, 40 in CPs). She said a 7 would work for the boots. Anyone with similar sizing measure the same foot length? After reading this thread, I might have to change that to a 6. [​IMG]

Yeah same boat. I said it was approx 11 inch. She said I'm a size 7.5. I figure if they are a little big I will put insoles in them...

10. SteezNuts

SteezNuts Senior member

Yeah same boat. I said it was approx 11 inch. She said I'm a size 7.5. I figure if they are a little big I will put insoles in them...

Ya same I'll use an insole worst case scenario if they fit a bit large.

11. blazingazn

blazingazn Senior member

I just called the local number. super friendly, super cool.
    Your best option is to use the measurement guide, sizing. Call them with the information and they will match up a last and size for you.

They think I should be an 7D.
    I will drop in the factory tomorrow to confirm.

Normally, 8D in Allen Edmonds, most dress shoes.
    8-8.5 regular in running shoes.

12. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

people need to go to any store and get your foot sized on a brannock device. then you tell them your size and boom you are sized

for me im a true 9 on brannock and she told me to go 8. very simple

13. thomasec

thomasec Senior member

Can anyone link to a definitive version of each of the color options available through Dayton? Here's one I managed to find for "black" (I'm guessing "oiled black", minus the sole): [​IMG] These are the black nubucks (props to Hab): [​IMG] What other color options are available? I've dug through the thread, but haven't been able to find the brown one's. Argh, why is it so hard to find a non-W+H picture of these fucking things.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I just called the local number. super friendly, super cool.
    Your best option is to use the measurement guide, sizing. Call them with the information and they will match up a last and size for you.

They think I should be an 7D.
    I will drop in the factory tomorrow to confirm.

Normally, 8D in Allen Edmonds, most dress shoes.
    8-8.5 regular in running shoes.

They are going to tell you more than likely that you are a 7E, their last runs small so E=D

15. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

how longs the sale running?