• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's the appeal of the wings/horns x dayton service boots

5tan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shibbel
Saw my cc statement today, dayton deal turned slightly less sweet because our weak ass USD!

For once it's great others feel our pain from previous years. But we still had to pay taxes on our boots, so it's all good I guess.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 5tan
For once it's great others feel our pain from previous years. But we still had to pay taxes on our boots, so it's all good I guess.

so true,
biggrin.gif

still a very good deal on awesome boots though.
i really like them because they have a slim profile.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
so true,
biggrin.gif

still a very good deal on awesome boots though.
i really like them because they have a slim profile.

Are they actually that slim?

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more slim then red wings or sorels, work boots, etc.

Cahrin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 5tan

Just ordered mine - turns out it's cheaper to ship to the US than Canada due to taxes by about $25. HST was something like $36 + $20 for Canadian shipping vs. $30 for American shipping.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onijo84
I measured 11 inch toe to heel. 7.5???? They cant be running that big. I think 11inches would be a 10 or a 9.5 in Daytons. I will get an answer later today confirming this. 7.5 is quite astonishing to be honest because i am a US 11 in most shoes. Even Steve's suggestion was a 9 or a 9.5. Check out with them proper. Irbe, your size should be similar to mine. I will post it here later.
This sizin is messing me up. Either way I should be okay since I order a 7.5 E since I'm a 8.5 to 9 US in common shoes the mall. They might be a little big but guess insoles will have to be used.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cahrin
Just ordered mine - turns out it's cheaper to ship to the US than Canada due to taxes by about $25. HST was something like $36 + $20 for Canadian shipping vs. $30 for American shipping.

Wouldn't it be ironic for someone in Vancouver to have it shipped to 'ship happens' just so you can avoid paying HST. I think it would be cheaper.

Cahrin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by habitant
Wouldn't it be ironic for someone in Vancouver to have it shipped to 'ship happens' just so you can avoid paying HST. I think it would be cheaper.

Definitely wouldn't be ironic, but you're right - you would save like $10. I'd rather have em a week early though
smile.gif

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
facepalm.gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
that's the ******* point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads