• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Virginia Dandy
Stoli gimlet up has been my white goods drink of choice for years. When checking out a new place, I always find it interesting to see whether it's made with Rose's or fresh lime juice. I like them either way. When making them at home, I use Rose's.

I like my gimlets with a little bit of each -- Rose's as well as fresh lime juice.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I think you're in the wrong thread. We like to drink here.

Yes, but in moderation, no? Conne is very close to being a full-fledged alcoholic.
confused.gif

Jon.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Yes, but in moderation, no? Conne is very close to being a full-fledged alcoholic.
confused.gif

Jon.

Conne is no worse than millions of college kids. Is it good for you? No. Will it kill him? Probably not. But there's really no need to freak out over a couple of drinks after a stressful day. Quite a but of America is used to unwinding this way and if he were over 50 it would be medically recommended. And drinking alone (not getting tanked) isn't sad, it's common, and if you have a drink you like a lot it's not that different from enjoying a soda or espresso or tea. The binging on the weekends is far more dangerous because you can cross a line that can do serious damage, either from alcohol poisoning or what you do when you're blacked out. But he is in college, even that isn't outside the norm. Now if it turns out he has seriously alcoholic relatives, then he's want to be conscious of that, but we have no evidence of that.

IMO (and perhaps someone will refute this with a clinical definition) a full-fledged alcoholic is someone whose consumption of alcohol interferes with their family, friends, work, and school. I don't know Conne, but I don't think that's the case. The old women obsession, penchant for old-man clothes, and general lack of direction in life appear to be completely unrelated.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I don't know Conne, but I don't think that's the case. The old women obsession, penchant for old-man clothes, and general lack of direction in life appear to be completely unrelated.

crackup[1].gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye as a rare cheap liquor purchase. Good Stuff! At <$20 USD/btl it gives my $70 USD Old Potrero a run for it's money. Mad the nice Manhattan I am currently imbibing.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Long-ass day at work today. Went to the Irish Pub for some dinner and to unwind. My girlfriend and I, and my good friend Jameson's 18. Nothin beats it on a day like today. Smooth, warming, a little bite. Fantastic!

Little did I know that **** was so expensive.. on my birthday I obviously wasn't paying the bill myself, and then the bottle I have at home was a gift.... $12.25 a drink?!?! Damn!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Six oz of Canadian Club in a huge glass with ice and lime diet Coke.

topbroker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Long-ass day at work today. Went to the Irish Pub for some dinner and to unwind. My girlfriend and I, and my good friend Jameson's 18. Nothin beats it on a day like today. Smooth, warming, a little bite. Fantastic!

Little did I know that **** was so expensive.. on my birthday I obviously wasn't paying the bill myself, and then the bottle I have at home was a gift.... $12.25 a drink?!?! Damn!

That is pretty outrageous. What city are you drinking in? In bigger cities, you're not paying for the liquor as much as you're paying for the bar's ridiculous rent payment (and that is true of restaurants, haberdasheries, and many other establishments as well. Take it from me: it's all about the real estate).

Here in Northeast Wisconsin, where the rents are reasonable, the prices for other things are too.

topbroker

Reaction score
Lafayette, Indiana. Home of the Purduechebags.

Then again, this whiskey is so damn good. It's $80 for 750 mL.

Maybe you are paying for the liquor, then.
smile.gif
Lafayette isn't Chicago.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, $12.25 is expensive*? Well, possibly a little for Jamie's 18, but in my experience $12-$18 a drink for decent whisky at a decent restaurant is the norm. That runs $75 a bottle here, comparable to Lagavulin 16, so it really is about right.

This is another reason I don't drink too much
confused.gif

~ Huntsman

* expensive taken to mean "above market value at a restaurant," not "way out of line considering what 2 oz really costs." The latter, of course, is true.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now:

french-rabbit-cabernet.png

Later:

Knob+Creek.JPG

Picked up a bottle last night for $50. Seemed overpriced compared to what I hear Americans pay for it. But everything else (Woodford, Makers Mark) was about the same, except for Wild Turkey 80, thought might as well go for the better stuff.

A bit hotter than I had expected, but quite good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads