• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What are you drinking right now?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
How long are they good once made?
As they age the vermouth oxidizes so you get subtle changes in flavours. I need to get a new barrel and batch up some manhattans again.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hope you did it in that order. What won?
I did abunadh first, which made the 16 feel very tame/bland in comparison. Ardbeg was too bbq-y for me. I think I prefer the Caol Ila/Talisker style peat (more salt air, less meaty)

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did abunadh first, which made the 16 feel very tame/bland in comparison. Ardbeg was too bbq-y for me. I think I prefer the Caol Ila/Talisker style peat (more salt air, less meaty)
Abunadh is IMO one of the best out there. So much flavor. Really hard to beat.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Following up on a question in the CE, my recipe for bubbly water without the Sodastream hangover:

1 CO2 regulator, dual-gauge (Taprite is the standard, do not cheap out on this)

(I added a cage after the whole thing toppled and crushed my first regulator)

1 gas line w/ ball lock disconnect

1 5 lb CO2 gas canister (Amazon is a good source)

One or several threaded carbonator caps, readily available on Amazon as well. I prefer stainless over plastic for these.

Plastic water / soda bottles, we use the Crystal Geyser 1.5 liter size so they're not as heavy to shake as a full 2 liters.

Once a bottle is filled and hooked up, it will self-carbonate over several hours or with about 5 minutes of moderately vigorous shaking.

The nuisance factor is still an obstacle for my wife, so I make sure to do at least half of the shaking even though I don't drink much of the output.

20210620_113527.jpg

I bought most of the equipment from homebrewsupply.com, total investment before buying gas was about $175. Tank refill cost $28 dollars at my local gas and welding supply store. Our first 5 pound tank lasted about 10 months of my wife drinking about 1.5 liters of bubbly water per day, so apart from the setup cost it probably runs about 10 cents and keeps 1-2 plastic bottles out of rhe waste stream each day.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following up on a question in the CE, my recipe for bubbly water without the Sodastream hangover:

1 CO2 regulator, dual-gauge (Taprite is the standard, do not cheap out on this)

(I added a cage after the whole thing toppled and crushed my first regulator)

1 gas line w/ ball lock disconnect

1 5 lb CO2 gas canister (Amazon is a good source)

One or several threaded carbonator caps, readily available on Amazon as well. I prefer stainless over plastic for these.

Plastic water / soda bottles, we use the Crystal Geyser 1.5 liter size so they're not as heavy to shake as a full 2 liters.

Once a bottle is filled and hooked up, it will self-carbonate over several hours or with about 5 minutes of moderately vigorous shaking.

The nuisance factor is still an obstacle for my wife, so I make sure to do at least half of the shaking even though I don't drink much of the output.

View attachment 1627749

I bought most of the equipment from homebrewsupply.com, total investment before buying gas was about $175. Tank refill cost $28 dollars at my local gas and welding supply store. Our first 5 pound tank lasted about 10 months of my wife drinking about 1.5 liters of bubbly water per day, so apart from the setup cost it probably runs about 10 cents and keeps 1-2 plastic bottles out of rhe waste stream each day.
Why would you get a hangover, do they have additives?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several restaurants in the good mall by my house now do this, to go:
64583482612__7DF7C56A-0BB0-4554-B4D8-CD35236AB0B9.jpeg
i
Inside hides an ice cold, extremely well made Negroni.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It used to be illegal around here to do to-go drinks, and to drink in parks.

Now you can get to-go drinks delivered to you in the park. Silver lining for the last year, that!

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It used to be illegal to do to-go drinks, and to drink in parks.

Now you can get to-go drinks delivered to you in the park. Silver lining for the last year, that!
We'll see how long it lasts. It's always the over-doers who ruin it for everyone else.

Nobody really minds some guy walking his dog sipping a negroni, but when you get people shotgunning beers and getting belligerent at people in the park, you get open container laws...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll see how long it lasts. It's always the over-doers who ruin it for everyone else.

Nobody really minds some guy walking his dog sipping a negroni, but when you get people shotgunning beers and getting belligerent at people in the park, you get open container laws...
True...
In all honesty, we did go a little over-board fart-shaming the big gal that farted in Louis Vuitton.
But it was really, really bad.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So many of those rules end up being up to the discretion of the police and/or rangers. Good thing we can, like, totally count on said discretion to be unbiased, huh?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So many of those rules end up being up to the discretion of the police and/or rangers. Good thing we can, like, totally count on said discretion to be unbiased, huh?
The one time I was ever caught, they asked us to take the beer out of the park. We did. And then we dumped our water bottles and filled them with Sierra Nevada.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.