• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Following up on a question in the CE, my recipe for bubbly water without the Sodastream hangover:

1 CO2 regulator, dual-gauge (Taprite is the standard, do not cheap out on this)

(I added a cage after the whole thing toppled and crushed my first regulator)

1 gas line w/ ball lock disconnect

1 5 lb CO2 gas canister (Amazon is a good source)

One or several threaded carbonator caps, readily available on Amazon as well. I prefer stainless over plastic for these.

Plastic water / soda bottles, we use the Crystal Geyser 1.5 liter size so they're not as heavy to shake as a full 2 liters.

Once a bottle is filled and hooked up, it will self-carbonate over several hours or with about 5 minutes of moderately vigorous shaking.

The nuisance factor is still an obstacle for my wife, so I make sure to do at least half of the shaking even though I don't drink much of the output.

View attachment 1627749

I bought most of the equipment from homebrewsupply.com, total investment before buying gas was about $175. Tank refill cost $28 dollars at my local gas and welding supply store. Our first 5 pound tank lasted about 10 months of my wife drinking about 1.5 liters of bubbly water per day, so apart from the setup cost it probably runs about 10 cents and keeps 1-2 plastic bottles out of rhe waste stream each day.
Why would you get a hangover, do they have additives?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Several restaurants in the good mall by my house now do this, to go:
64583482612__7DF7C56A-0BB0-4554-B4D8-CD35236AB0B9.jpeg
i
Inside hides an ice cold, extremely well made Negroni.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It used to be illegal around here to do to-go drinks, and to drink in parks.

Now you can get to-go drinks delivered to you in the park. Silver lining for the last year, that!

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It used to be illegal to do to-go drinks, and to drink in parks.

Now you can get to-go drinks delivered to you in the park. Silver lining for the last year, that!
We'll see how long it lasts. It's always the over-doers who ruin it for everyone else.

Nobody really minds some guy walking his dog sipping a negroni, but when you get people shotgunning beers and getting belligerent at people in the park, you get open container laws...

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We'll see how long it lasts. It's always the over-doers who ruin it for everyone else.

Nobody really minds some guy walking his dog sipping a negroni, but when you get people shotgunning beers and getting belligerent at people in the park, you get open container laws...
True...
In all honesty, we did go a little over-board fart-shaming the big gal that farted in Louis Vuitton.
But it was really, really bad.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

So many of those rules end up being up to the discretion of the police and/or rangers. Good thing we can, like, totally count on said discretion to be unbiased, huh?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So many of those rules end up being up to the discretion of the police and/or rangers. Good thing we can, like, totally count on said discretion to be unbiased, huh?

The one time I was ever caught, they asked us to take the beer out of the park. We did. And then we dumped our water bottles and filled them with Sierra Nevada.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grapefruit IPA at Finkel & Garf (Boulder, CO)

BE989FEA-D959-428B-9F00-FF21FF0BB5F8.jpeg

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It used to be illegal around here to do to-go drinks, and to drink in parks.

Disneyland started selling local craft beer, which is pretty cool.

Reactions: otc

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The one time I was ever caught, they asked us to take the beer out of the park. We did. And then we dumped our water bottles and filled them with Sierra Nevada.
Yeah, I'm white, so the one time I was caught on the lakefront (with a red solo cup, because obviously that's less conspicuous then a beer bottle/can), I was just told to dump it out.

Now I know to use the reusable Starbucks cups that look like this:
unnamed.jpg

Oh, and one time I tried to get on the train carrying a red solo cup with some bourbon county stout in it. A CTA employee tried to tell me I couldn't bring it, but BCS is rare and expensive so I just said "oh, it's coffee" and leaned the cup towards him. Luckily BCS is thick and dark and even smells a little like coffee because he let me board

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics