• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wedding shoes - any help?

Black, Brown or Tan shoes?

• Black

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tan

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

MMMG

Reaction score
First post here, so go easy on me!

Managed to pick this up for a bit of a bargain in the recent sales for my wedding :

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/uk-en/shop/mens/suits/the-byard-lead-grey-slim-fit-suit.html

Although it may not be the pinnacle of tailoring, it fits wonderfully and it was a bargain price.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the colour of shoes? I'll be wearing a white shirt, silver/grey tie and a white pocket square. Its not too formal a wedding, reasonably relaxed.

Would the likes of this colour work? I quite like the style of the Kingsley, as its quite slimline and not too chunky.

http://www.grenson.co.uk/en_gb/kingsley

Brown?

or tan?

Or would something in the middle work better? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

HughJ

Reaction score
Unless you are in the market for a casual shoe, £185 affords you some options. I don't personally like these on their own or with a suit, mostly due to the contrasting sole/stitching/laces.

MMMG

Reaction score
Unless you are in the market for a casual shoe, £185 affords you some options. I don't personally like these on their own or with a suit, mostly due to the contrasting sole/stitching/laces.

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions? I'd quite like to be able to wear them with jeans etc afterwards, so was hoping to do both really!

Grenadier

Reaction score
The shoes that go with jeans and the shows that go with suits are mutually exclusive categories.

HughJ

Reaction score
EDIT: Missed the part that it was YOUR wedding. In that case Becnal has you covered.

Last edited:

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For your wedding, you'll want black shoes. For jeans, you'll want brown shoes. No way around it, you'll need at least two pairs of shoes. This is a good thing. Revel in it.

Macallan

Reaction score

For your wedding, you'll want black shoes. For jeans, you'll want brown shoes.

as above, but I would go further and say medium/dark brown shoes for jeans, with medium probably more versatile; and for black shoes make sure the laces are black too.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads