Wedding shoes - any help?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MMMG, Jul 4, 2013.

Black, Brown or Tan shoes?

1. Black

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Brown

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tan

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MMMG

MMMG New Member

First post here, so go easy on me!

Managed to pick this up for a bit of a bargain in the recent sales for my wedding :

http://www.paulsmith.co.uk/uk-en/shop/mens/suits/the-byard-lead-grey-slim-fit-suit.html

Although it may not be the pinnacle of tailoring, it fits wonderfully and it was a bargain price.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the colour of shoes? I'll be wearing a white shirt, silver/grey tie and a white pocket square. Its not too formal a wedding, reasonably relaxed.

Would the likes of this colour work? I quite like the style of the Kingsley, as its quite slimline and not too chunky.

http://www.grenson.co.uk/en_gb/kingsley

[​IMG]

Brown?

[​IMG]

or tan?

[​IMG]

Or would something in the middle work better? Any advice would be very much appreciated!

2. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Unless you are in the market for a casual shoe, £185 affords you some options. I don't personally like these on their own or with a suit, mostly due to the contrasting sole/stitching/laces.

3. MMMG

MMMG New Member

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any suggestions? I'd quite like to be able to wear them with jeans etc afterwards, so was hoping to do both really!

4. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

The shoes that go with jeans and the shows that go with suits are mutually exclusive categories.

5. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

EDIT: Missed the part that it was YOUR wedding. In that case Becnal has you covered.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  6. Veremund

Veremund Senior member

For your wedding, you'll want black shoes. For jeans, you'll want brown shoes. No way around it, you'll need at least two pairs of shoes. This is a good thing. Revel in it.

7. Macallan

Macallan Senior member

as above, but I would go further and say medium/dark brown shoes for jeans, with medium probably more versatile; and for black shoes make sure the laces are black too.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2013