• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For what it's worth (and because I've been thinking about patch pockets too much today), here are two of my Ercole's commissions from this summer. I think the shapes are about perfect, but have asked Frank to place the pockets a bit lower (and maybe a tad longer) for the next commission, which will be a heavier piece.

I think that both jackets are little short,they also appear very boxy with very little shape.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that both jackets are little short,they also appear very boxy with very little shape.

I agree that the waist could be nipped a little on both, but I kind of like them...they seem comfortable.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree that the waist could be nipped a little on both, but I kind of like them...they seem comfortable.

I might be seeing Edwin early next year, your jacket convinced me to try him out. Are you planning to get anything else made by him?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I might be seeing Edwin early next year, your jacket convinced me to try him out. Are you planning to get anything else made by him?

Definitely at some point. Just need to figure out what and when.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bon Voyage! Off to Hong Kong for this lovely London Lounge fabric and buttons and Ermazine lining.

Look forward to seeing it again soon!

IMG_2444.jpg

Last edited:

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hm. Definitely not short; not sure how you'd be able to tell since my legs aren't in the shot.

And Frank suggested taking both in at the waist (which would be in line w/ my suits), but I told him not to. Might take the blue in a bit...we'll see.

He just got my length of fabric for my next jacket. He's as excited as I am to get it made up.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! Look forward to seeing it made up. Which fabric?

The green stuff; about 14oz or so and tons of color. Hopefully it will be ready by the time the cold and wet SF winter kicks in. Going to get fitted when I'm back in Brooklyn over Thanksgiving weekend, and plan to take delivery in December.

Still thinking about lining color and whether I want 2 or 3 patch.

f89dc141_dsc1091kh.jpg

15c3aec9_dsc1096y.jpg

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bon Voyage! Off to Hong Kong for this lovely London Lounge fabric and buttons and Ermazine lining.
Look forward to seeing it again soon!
IMG_2444.jpg

You don't muck around with your London Lounge cloths. Looking forward to seeing it finished. I have the same cloth and the Corn Shetland both have to wait since we are going into Summer here. Btw the Steed jacket came out great!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in a trade, I have a Lesser Golden Bale Navy Flannel with a burgundy overcheck, little more than 4 yards...

I'm looking for:
heavy, windowpane SC Fabric (2.25 yrds)
medium weight, camel colored fabric for SC (2 yrds)

but would be open to offers if something strikes me.

I'll have to take pics later, but the piece is beautiful, so looking for equal quality in return.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
NYR: I'm interested in the Lesser - pls send pics when you have them.

Scruff: The coats look nice, but I would also urge you to have the waist tapered a bit more.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a couple of pms on the Lesser, but would really rather do a swap than sell outright...here are some pics:
IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

Last one shows the color pretty well...I'm really picky about what I'm looking for which is why I just don't want to sell outright.

I also have some LP 90% 10% Cashmere dark brown herringbone I bought off of Ed this summer that I'm looking to move, real nice fall/winter fabric, but I had another jacket done in similar so I'm selling at what I paid Ed, $185 for a little more than 2 yards...I'll post pics and would also consider a trade for this as well...but this I'm more inclined to sell if there's interest.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads