• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

DayvanCowboy24

Reaction score
So, Spring is on its way and I need shoes for Spring/Summer. I want something low-profile and cool (temperature). I have been looking at these: http://zuriick.bigcartel.com/product/ake-bronx-m but I have no idea about sizing, comfort without socks, and quality. I also have been contemplating buying some Espadrilles but I also know nothing about brands etc.

Any suggestions for Spring/Summer shoes? I'm not really looking for converse or boat shoes (everyone has them and they have begun to bore me). I have a pair of Clark's Desert Boots and a bunch of dress shoes, nothing too casual (I need some).

Thanks!

griffin~

Reaction score
I am looking for some basic tees and have something specific in mind, but I don't know how to find the style I want with decent prices. Ideally, what I would want would be Julius or Rick Owens style, but I just want the bare minimum of what their style entails (for tees)

Could anyone suggest decently priced tees that are long, have a u-neck (or similar), and have decent quality (soft material, good construction/durability)?

I know I COULD just buy the higher end tees, but I'd rather buy multiple cheaper ones.

Any brand suggestions or sites would be appreciated.

(It seems this is a common style in Asian countries, but I don't know where I can get them online)

Thanks!

Callicles

Reaction score
I want to buy some sneakers to go with as many things as possible. I've read that white and black go with pretty much everything, but I wouldn't mind some other colors, like blue for example. What stuff doesn't blue go with?

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Callicles
I want to buy some sneakers to go with as many things as possible. I've read that white and black go with pretty much everything, but I wouldn't mind some other colors, like blue for example. What stuff doesn't blue go with?

Brown would be ideal i guess, a lightblue can easily look to carefree - if your wardrobe is already solid a blue/navy doesnt hurt.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
looking for a moc similar to this if anyone has any ideas:

quoddy-kitsune-mocassin-shoes-5-405x540.jpg

karmaguy

Reaction score
This might be too broad, but I've just recently moved up to Portland, Oregon and am looking for a new all year jacket that can deal with all the rain and wetness. I was thinking maybe the Gant Rugger Traveler's jacket, but does anyone have some suggestions? I'm aiming for less than 400 USD and something that can be worn year round.

Thanks!

Ike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by karmaguy
This might be too broad, but I've just recently moved up to Portland, Oregon and am looking for a new all year jacket that can deal with all the rain and wetness. I was thinking maybe the Gant Rugger Traveler's jacket, but does anyone have some suggestions? I'm aiming for less than 400 USD and something that can be worn year round.

Thanks!

http://www.barbourbydw.com/

Right in Portland. They carry the high-end To Ki To stuff too. Great all-year jackets.

Nau is also popular.

Ike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JastionRock
Any suggestions for Spring/Summer shoes I'm not really looking for converse or boat shoes everyone has them and they have begun to bore me.

Camp mocs are quite popular. J Crew carries the Quoddy ones in a range of colors - I've been looking at the "mint" ones.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by karmaguy

Thanks!

I live in BC and my W+H Mountain Parka is probably my most-worn piece of outerwear.

WH_0304.jpg

Size up one, IMO - I went TTS with a Medium and while the fit is good, I can't really layer that much. If you buy it a size up, you'll be able to wear it almost year long in the Pac NW.

filcol

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for some cool jeans:
  • used look
  • straight
  • grey and/or dark blue
  • popular brand (because I live in europe)

greeeetz

drum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by griffin~
I am looking for some basic tees and have something specific in mind, but I don't know how to find the style I want with decent prices. Ideally, what I would want would be Julius or Rick Owens style, but I just want the bare minimum of what their style entails (for tees)

Try diffusion lines such as Silent if you want something similar at a lower price. Still not cheap though at $70-$120 per tee, but you're not going to find what you're looking for for $15 that's for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads