• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ultimate noob thread - recommend me X in my wardrobe - post questions here please.

_BDM_

Reaction score
I'm looking for help finding clothes that are actually the right size.

My clothes have always been a bit baggy in the past because of how tall I am. I recently realized that I don't need extra-large shirts... I need a medium/large tall shirts. Medium tall is about right, until they shrink after being washed. I'm going to return the mediums and see if the tall-large isn't just right. That said, even a tall t-shirt is only barely long enough (I'm 6'5). Where can I find cool shirts that are designed for someone my height?

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
I just don't feel like they personally suit me. Do I have any good choices besides the workwear style boots?

Fiorentini+Baker, Paul Smith, and NDC Made by Hand all have sleeker boots, a good alternative to the frequent work book suggestion. Unfortunately they all cost much more than $200, ranging $4-600. Tell me if you find cheaper alternatives that aren't crap, because I am looking for a pair myself and will have a hard time shelling out over $300 for boots.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I think there are better alternatives out there even if it is on discount. I wouldn't even pay $20 for that, awful design.

Desert94

Reaction score
Please recomend me boots to wear with light-coloured hoodie, dark jacket and some dark indigo jeans. I want to wear them in rainy/colder weather and i'am quite tall and slim, so nothing too bulky. Thanks.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by _BDM_

My clothes have always been a bit baggy in the past because of how tall I am. I recently realized that I don't need extra-large shirts... I need a medium/large tall shirts. Medium tall is about right, until they shrink after being washed. I'm going to return the mediums and see if the tall-large isn't just right. That said, even a tall t-shirt is only barely long enough (I'm 6'5). Where can I find cool shirts that are designed for someone my height?

Need more info. What kind of shirts are you looking for?

dexterhaven

Reaction score
Looking for a light mock collar jacket similar to the one below, just not so cropped. These things should be ubiquitous, and yet I can't seem to find a good one.

WRAT-MO34_V1-BIG.jpg

Supadoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vagran7
Black or Maroon chuck taylors?

I vote Maroon, I have a pair and they are some of my favorite shoes to wear. Also having owned black pairs in the past, I found them to less versatile.

Supadoo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaydc7
how are black chucks not versatile?

Maybe less versatile is the wrong way to put it, I found they didn't get pulled out to wear nearly as often as the maroon pair. They were just too plain for me I guess.

Story

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gwydion
My budget is $250...I can go a bit higher if I <really> like something I see. I also live in Canada so it gets quite cold and they spread salt EVERYWHERE. If there's any questions I can answer to help, please let me know. Temperatures are starting to dip below 0C(32F) and my toes are getting cold in my canvas shoes
frown.gif

You could check out the new Abington Boots, pretty nice boot that I think looks good with jeans as seen here.

Available here, and there's a 20% off coupon. For what it's worth when I ordered a pair to Canada I didn't get charged anything by customs, either.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by _BDM_

Banana Republic works well. Also check marks and spencers.

rox88

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a blazer, that I could wear with jeans for wearing out casually, and to the club.
What should I be looking at? What do I wear underneath? Anyone know any pictures of styles off hand I could take a look at?

brohymn

Reaction score
Where can I get some jumpers/sweaters for super cheap? Don't want v-necks and just want to wear casually.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rox88
I'm looking at getting a blazer, that I could wear with jeans for wearing out casually, and to the club. What should I be looking at? What do I wear underneath? Anyone know any pictures of styles off hand I could take a look at?
Any nicely fitted navy or black (if you can pull it off) sports jacket will go well with jeans. You can wear anything underneath it except a graphic tee, for the love of god please. There are some reasonable jackets being sold in the FS section of the forum.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads