• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Hickey (hickeystyle.com)

LeRoi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilwin
I purchased the boots, but in black. I got them, but I noticed a crack on the side of the boot. Do you think this will affect the performance of the shoe? I don't want to wear them and a couple months later, have the shoe fall apart on me.
I think every pair of shoes I have ever owned has that mark there. It's nothing more: a marking, an indicator, it has to do with the making of the shoes, the placement of the heel, I believe. Can you possibly post more pics of the boots (multiple angles; being worn; etc.)? I'm considering buying them and I'm also curious to see if anyone can make out who produces them for Hickey. Thanks.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 630
Just got the suit today. The suit fits very true to the size proportions they give and I'm happy with the quality. Not sure that I would have originally paid $1200 for it, but for $460, well worth it. After a trim here and there by my tailor I think it will turn out to be pretty dashing.
Hi 630, would you mind taking a pic of you with the suit on. Your stats are about the same as mine and I'm interested to see what a 38 will look like in this brand. Thanks. Also does anyone with the boots in hand may be willing to take a picture of the inner markings (size label etc.) And is it goodyear welted? If someone can post a pic I would be able to tell you if it is Alden or not. The style is very similar but I do suspect that it is not, anyways a pic is worth 1000 words. Thanks. edit: after scrolling back a few pages, nevermind about the pictures of the boot, those are no way Alden. Also I contacted a customer representative for Hickey and she told me that the excess leather on the boots is for hiding your drug stash.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
Also I contacted a customer representative for Hickey and she told me that the excess leather on the boots is for hiding your drug stash.

Haha, the customer representatives for the website seem very "Hickey Freeman-Bobby Jones", did she say that in a serious tone of voice?

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no, sorry i didn't really contact customer service, I called past their office hours

Reaction score
MiniW,

Been a while since I checked up on this thread-I'll see what I can come up with for you.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I have a few of their shirts I like, all the ones this season fit weird and suck dick though

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
you know the dumbest thing? they didn't even make any plan button down collar oxfords for f/w. wtf?

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is close. Plain button down oxford cloth, its got that embroidered leaf on the sleeve though. http://www.hickeystyle.com/website/p...S1BQ0BTV8V2T6A
5h329356_md.jpg

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol @ that sweater.

Pink I got that plaid coat and I love it. Fit is excellent.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was open to spending some dough on this brand, but i didn't like to no refund policy on sale items (only store credit). Is it worth it to go to the store in soho to try on the suits? Man, deep discounts make you consider crazy things.

deaddog

Reaction score
Much of the collection is available on amazon for a few bucks less and with a return policy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads