• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The frillyvolous cuff link run is done. For now..... Hahahah!

Good luck Frills, thats quite a ride to step off!

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One shade of disappointment: no platinum? I mean, visually you can match your platinum watch with white gold links, but I can't help but see it as a corner cut.
devil.gif
Mimo...I think you have to cut Frills a bit of slack on not picking up any platinum links. You would be shocked to find there are very few companies making platinum cufflinks. Check the websites of big names such as Cartier, Van Cleef, Harry Winston, Bvlgari, or Tiffanys (which I find is more name than substance) ...you won't find platinum cufflinks. Check websites of some watch companies like Patek, Piaget, AP etc...none are making links in platinum. Even in very high end private company jewelry stores, you rarely if ever find platinum links. In the last 10 years or so I believe, I've only come across 2 pairs of platinum cufflinks. One pair was rather unattractive, although it was cool they were platinum...and the other pair with sapphire baguettes all over them looked a bit more Liberace than they did James Bond. So based on the above...even when one has platinum watches...one rarely finds platinum cufflinks.

Hey guys! ....
So I just wanted to say cheers to another year! We have SIHH right around the corner, followed by Basel. The winter doldrums are almost over. The best time of the watch year is nearly upon us! And I look forward to talking about everything with you gents.

Cheers,

Nuke.

Spoiler function isn't working on my computer today, but great post Nuke. Wishing you and all the others here a great 2014!

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
My dear Dino: Frilly isn't here to be cut some slack. He's here to be goaded into ever greater wonders. If anyone can, Batfrills can. :)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My dear Dino: Frilly isn't here to be cut some slack. He's here to be goaded into ever greater wonders. If anyone can, Batfrills can. :)
My mistake Mimo....you are quite right, and I hope you will accept my apology. While there is a lack of choices ready to wear...I have failed him as an enabler, by neglecting to suggest idea of made to order cufflinks.
devil.gif

NonServiam

Reaction score
Happy New Year, gents! I strapped on the JLC MUT Moon for the celebrations, and have not taken it off yet. My only purchase of 2013, but the perfect choice!

I planned a few days at least of austere and clean living to start off 2014, but yesterday we got a babysitter and went out anyway :) The vitello tonnato was pefect, and the huge, huge ox-cheek even more so. And bubbly was just as good as in 2013 :D Today was a trip to the gym, baked salmon salad and carrot juice :paranoia:

As to 2014, my plans (besides more carrot juice) range from a vintage Daytona to the ever alluring AP ROC in rose gold. I seem to have made similar plans in Januarys past :embar:

What are your horological plans or personal predictions for the new year?

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What an excellent and fun question NS.

For me, personally, I think this may be the year of the Genta. I may not be able to swing it, but I will certainly try. I will know whether I will be able to make it one way or another by March or April this year.

If I am unable to, it will likely be the year of the BLNR.

As for a prediction? Gosh, I guess only time will tell! I am remaining optimistic, but life does have the tendency to throw you the odd curveball.

Also, TC, I wanted to mention that I have really enjoyed your pics of the RO. What a lovely watch, and it looks great on you.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great topic for discussion , more so because I feel TWAT ers have made some pretty spectacular buys in the past few weeks alone

This year if all goes well and I make partner (again) I'd like to add something new. I'd be lying if I said this forum hasn't influenced my tastes which makes my previous wants not as desirable and this whole journey a little more interesting.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hear that, ever the education here. I'm going to consider a response to a very good question.

There, considered it

(1)

(2)

JLC Reverso

(3)

PP NAV

I'm in for the long haul, but master,the prize!?

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quote:My mistake Mimo....you are quite right, and I hope you will accept my apology. While there is a lack of choices ready to wear...I have failed him as an enabler, by neglecting to suggest idea of made to order cufflinks.
devil.gif
Dino is being modest here. The RTW cuff link frillyvolous run is done but who's to say what secret projects may be in the works..........
1f62c.png
1f62c.png
1f62c.png
---------------------------- /****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That 8171 is beautiful but the 7 figure price tag is not.  Pre-auction estimates on that bad boy were only 70-100K so it shows you get the right group of people together and prices hit the stratosphere!

what was the hammer price?

----

NS - great pic.

as to your question, i think that 2014 would be a good year for me to simply enjoy what i have at present. i imagine my next watches would be a simple 2 or 3 handed, thin cased, gold dress watch and an AP RO. no idea when, but those 2 pop up on my radar most often.

unless i hit the mega millions, then its straightaway to the zeitwerk striking time.

----

So yes, Stitchy, it was a great run. I now have four pairs of cuff links, two in YG and two in WG, that complement my timepieces.
The frillyvolous cuff link run is done. For now..... Hahahah!

Dino is being modest here. The RTW cuff link frillyvolous run is done

a great crew those four, but this idea of the run being over is balderdash. as a proud nautilus owner, you must have these:

KOP NAOW!!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be quiet, frills is in the process of having a Lamborghini Reventon crushed down into a pair of cuff links.

2014 for me will be a Lange year, methinks ;)

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchy - hammer price for the 8171 at the recent Christie's auction was $1,145,000. Quadruple the initial estimate.

HRoi - ahahaha!

Stitchy what draws you to the Zeitwerk Striking Time? I'm a part of another watch crazy group on FB and a bunch of members probably got a group discount or something because three of them just got Zeitwerks in the last few weeks or so (photos below from my friends). Now, these aren't Striking Times I think, just "plain Zeitwerks":

7a6a9ahy.jpg

One of them likes wearing it when he goes to the grocery:

epytabu6.jpg

Was it Cleav that said "I do good friends"? Very ominous and threatening statement there... Hahahahahaha!

As for the Nauti cuff links, I'm a bit torn. The issue is that the Nautilus porthole shape for me is so distinctive that I'm not sure that wearing a 5711 on my wrist and having smaller versions of it on my shirt cuffs would be something I would like. Thinking the WG Calatravas provide some interesting contrast. They are no doubt lovely - the white metal ones only come in WG, not steel (sorry, no platinum mimo) and they sport the same lovely magical blue/green dial that entrances so many with the basic Nautilus. But, I hesitate because of the reasons I cite above.

Definitely not getting the diamond studded one but here's one guy from PSP wearing Nauti cufflinks. Thoughts, TWAT/SF brothers?

y8a3ezuq.jpg

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's too matchy-matchy. like you're trying to look too cute

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads