• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

centrix

Reaction score
is anyone else looking forward to how the swatch 51 piece mechanical watch is going to be like?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BLNR is growing on me (at least via Internet pics) and my initial reaction was "no way". Will probably drop by an AD to get an in-person look as I get closer to making a purchase later this year.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I also am looking forward to the "watch show season", if it can be labeled as such.

Not sure that I have any immediate purchases in mind for myself...perhaps a bit later in the year.

But I definitely have had "more Rolex" / vertical collecting (?) -- on the brain lately.

Red Sub? 5513? Or a shiny new Explorer II? BLNR? Choices?!

+1 to all the comments regarding TWAT having a great 2013 and looking forward to another fun year discussing (mainly) timepieces here.

Really have enjoyed frilly's tangent into the field of cufflinks from afar as well.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was getting pretty far on savings for my Pano Lunar, but I got sidetracked and needed a new rug and I've had my eye on the vernor panton barboy for ages.... so I have a rug and a barboy to show for 2013 (although I did cop the FC worldtime in 2013) but the Pano Lunar account is back to zero. We'll see if I can get that where it needs to be by the end of the year...or if I decide to go with the red reverso instead and get it engraved with an Ohio State symbol. In the meanwhile, I'll live vicariously through Frilly's spree.

But you have to admit, that bar is cool as hell!

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to our regular scheduled programming with a little cuff link action thrown in. Boom!

nenysedy.jpg

----------------------------

/****** Apparently I live on Instagram too - mainly timepieces, shoes, attire and the occasional cheeseburger. @no_frills_vc. ******/

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BLNR is growing on me (at least via Internet pics) and my initial reaction was "no way". Will probably drop by an AD to get an in-person look as I get closer to making a purchase later this year.

i have tried one on. its amazing.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
who's to say what secret projects may be in the works

Exactly....all that talk of speaking to jewellers about special commissions...there's no way you left all that with the conclusion that you didn't want anything. It's been about a year now since we came to know and love the Frillmeister. We remember what happened twelve months ago, I'm guessing it's taxes and bonus time, and we all know which way is up!
lol8[1].gif

a great crew those four, but this idea of the run being over is balderdash. as a proud nautilus owner, you must have these:

True on the first points, but I'm with the groupthink on the latter: although they're inherently pretty and special, I think you could only wear them with something else, which would feel strange. The problem is they just look too much like the watch itself. Frilly can and will do better, I am sure of it.

What are your horological plans or personal predictions for the new year?

Hmm...good question. Scary too. I am very much the pauper at the feast here, but although I won't be competing in ballertasticness, I am quite sure there will be an addition this year. Possibly...probably, two. I have a pretty long wish list, like us all, but if things turn out as planned, two of the more accessible ones will arrive this year. That, and I'll keep reading. I don't know why I like you guys so much.

It will likely be the year of the BLNR.

Can't argue with that. It's a lovely piece, although as a non Rolex owner, I have the more generic aspiration of a no-date Sub well ahead of it. Probably not this year.

Back to our regular scheduled programming with a little cuff link action thrown in. Boom!

Bringing the boom indeed. Great single cuff shirt - where from? Nice jacket too, though the WAYWRN goblins would savage your contrasting buttonhole (of which I still have some, and I think it suits you). Those links are indeed beautiful.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i have tried one on. its amazing.

I second this. It is so nice in person. It has me thinking of buying one. I walked into a dealer to look specifically at the black bezel but was drawn to the BLNR over and over again.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stare at mine everyday for a good 5-10 minutes. At some point I won't but the newness has not worn off.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
^^^Such a great phase of ownership^^^ Enjoy!

I'm wearing the Roadster, back in the office today (old pic):

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ very nice! ^^

speaking of cartier, anyone need a gift for a lady friend? :devil:

Last edited:

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stichy - Does the Cartier look that flat in person? Maybe that particular watch is hard to photograph but when comparing it to the Roadster above, which is quite lovely, the one you posted seems to be lacking in that department. Hopefully this made sense.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure what you mean by flat, but its freaking gorgeous irl. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads