• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The brushed finish case of the Fiddy is awesome and I wished Panerai had continued that with the 372. However, I love the base 47mm model and the gold hands.
It doesn't feel as big as the Fiddy either.
orig.jpg

Love the jacket, shirt & tie combo!!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The brushed finish case of the Fiddy is awesome and I wished Panerai had continued that with the 372. However, I love the base 47mm model and the gold hands.
It doesn't feel as big as the Fiddy either.
orig.jpg

and you dress well too. bravo!

Edgein

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't mean to offend, but that watch looks huge with dress clothing. I'd wear it with sport shirts and jeans and get a thinner more elegant watch to go with dress clothes. Just my humble opinion. What does the forum think about watch size? The trend is huge, not necessarily my taste. To each...

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no such thing as "what the forum thinks" , we all have different opinions. Mine is that it all depends on wrist/watch/cuff proportions but I'm not against a larger sport watch with a sport coat or suit.

A topic that's as old as watch fora by the way - and probably discussed every single time someone posts a 42mm+ watch... yawn

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There's no such thing as "what the forum thinks" , we all have different opinions. Mine is that it all depends on wrist/watch/cuff proportions but I'm not against a larger sport watch with a sport coat or suit.
A topic that's as old as watch fora by the way - and probably discussed every single time someone posts a 42mm+ watch... yawn

lol

ORLY.jpg

;)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forum groupthink?

Not in my thread !!

the_soup_nazi0041.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lawlz.

OH NOES!!! PLEASE NOT TO KICK ME OUT.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Guys,
Some may have read my first post on this watch last year, some not. Quick briefing: this watch (H. Moser & Cie) belonged to my great-grandfather, and then my grandfather carried it with him through the entirety of WW2.
352q62s.jpg

Moo that is a cool vintage piece... and some of my favorite pieces are those I got from my grandfather as well. Great vintage and a great story behind it but (please don't take offense here...) am I the only one who is reminded of the "watch scene" in Pulp Fiction with Christopher Walken? It even kinda looks like that watch. :lol:

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks much better than the one in Pulp Fiction. But I see what you mean.

Moo, that's truly a great vintage watch. Dial is simply perfect

dshap

Reaction score

Very nice.
For me it's a tough call between the striking 10th and the 38mm; the WIS in me is obliged to be prejudiced against the spacer in the S-10th, but damn does it look nice with its modern proportions on the wrist.

I see no reasons to have a problem with the spacer. A larger case is necessary to make the 1/10 second display legible IMO. As for the 38mm, just buy a vintage A386.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It looks much better than the one in Pulp Fiction. But I see what you mean.
Moo, that's truly a great vintage watch. Dial is simply perfect

well yes you're right... it's more the vintage aspect, without strap and he carried it in WWII so that was enough to make the association (for me at least :happy:). Since we're on this topic though, I do have a vintage chrono from the late '40's that was my grandfather's by a company called Olympic. I don't know if it was a precursor of the ****-crap watches I see today called "Olympic" but I have been unable to find even a scrap of info about these watches and my local guy is no help either. Anyone?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

well yes you're right... it's more the vintage aspect, without strap and he carried it in WWII so that was enough to make the association (for me at least :happy:). Since we're on this topic though, I do have a vintage chrono from the late '40's that was my grandfather's by a company called Olympic. I don't know if it was a precursor of the ****-crap watches I see today called "Olympic" but I have been unable to find even a scrap of info about these watches and my local guy is no help either. Anyone?

sorry kid, no idea. pic?

Last edited:

Donald Donaldson

Reaction score

You have some interesting taste in watches my friend. First a radioactive green strap gold panerai, and now this.
This is the defy xtreme I really like. Steel/titanium, stunning sports watch.
96-0525-4021-21-R642-_21582-002.jpg
Tried on a used but mint one recently, at 46.5mm case was just too big otherwise would have bought it. Another pic of it:
ze12048-defy-box.jpg
Is this also considered offensive like the last Panerai I posted a pic of?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads