• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

closetmess

Reaction score

Love that Seamaster but is it a redial?

It is admittedly a redial -- original case, crown, etc. otherwise though. It just looks so damn pretty and I bought it more for that reason than to be a collector's item. I am putting a black croc strap on it and designating it as my formal watch. Or whenever I wear my black Barker Black Archdales, really.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Any takers?
lol8[1].gif

Last edited:

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is admittedly a redial -- original case, crown, etc. otherwise though. It just looks so damn pretty and I bought it more for that reason than to be a collector's item. I am putting a black croc strap on it and designating it as my formal watch. Or whenever I wear my black Barker Black Archdales, really.

Well it looks great.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
classy collection, CM.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree completely about the AP Royal Oak.  I've never really been interested in the Offshore models, I've always favored the original design.  I've looked at them for years, and roughly 2 months ago I just picked up a new AP Royal Oak 15202 (based on the original design).  Its a really fantastic watch.  I hope one day you will be enjoying one on your own wrist.

+1

Quite a bit of travel lately to some good watch destinations (HK, Singapore, London). Had the opportunity to try on the new 41mm RO and RO chrono; I find the new cases unnecessarily big and the dial balance off, with the chrono registers too far spaced from the bezel. Even though AP was a primary driver of the big watch, in 2012 I almost find the upsizing of their cases to be a cynical yet delayed reaction to the general upsizing of cases. I wish they had maintained a more pronounced demcarcation between the RO and ROO lines.

In related news, I just pulled the trigger yesterday on the new 15202... will take delivery in 2 weeks when in the US. :)

depechedior

Reaction score
I agree completely about the AP Royal Oak. I've never really been interested in the Offshore models, I've always favored the original design. I've looked at them for years, and roughly 2 months ago I just picked up a new AP Royal Oak 15202 (based on the original design). Its a really fantastic watch. I hope one day you will be enjoying one on your own wrist.

+1

Quite a bit of travel lately to some good watch destinations (HK, Singapore, London). Had the opportunity to try on the new 41mm RO and RO chrono; I find the new cases unnecessarily big and the dial balance off, with the chrono registers too far spaced from the bezel. Even though AP was a primary driver of the big watch, in 2012 I almost find the upsizing of their cases to be a cynical yet delayed reaction to the general upsizing of cases. I wish they had maintained a more pronounced demcarcation between the RO and ROO lines.

In related news, I just pulled the trigger yesterday on the new 15202... will take delivery in 2 weeks when in the US. :)

Congrats!!!!! The new 15202 is stunning

The 15300 and 15400 cannot compete...

jabster410

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm really liking the look of the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean but stumbled upon this watch by Christopher Ward,
http://www.christopherward-usa.com/men/view-all-mens/c60-cosc-sks.html
I'm wondering if the difference in quality is worth the difference in price or if I should keep saving up for the Omega. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1
In related news, I just pulled the trigger yesterday on the new 15202... will take delivery in 2 weeks when in the US.
smile.gif

I had also tried the 41mm 15400 RO before going with a 15202. I felt the proportions of the 15400 looked a bit distorted, all in the name of making a bigger watch. Its a good watch, but not for me. The new 41mm chrono has elements to it that I like, and some I like less. However, for me 15202 is as perfect as a RO can get. I purchased with the mindset, which model would I want as a "Keeper" if I never purchase another AP (although I would like to own a few others), and for me the answer was the 15202.

Congrats on pulling the trigger on a 15202!!! You definitely will not be disappointed. I look foward to hearing some of your ownership impressions once you've had some wrist time with it.

morning
ydajabem.jpg

Evening
Cheers all!
The rose gold Daytona with black dial is my favorite version of the Daytona. The rose with black is just stunning! Enjoy it.

Very nice. Blue dial?
If its a current 15202, and not new old stock then it will have a blue dial. That is the only color they are offering on this model. Its also a different blue than what is used on the other ROs or on the previous version of the 15202. With previous 15202s there was a choice of dials (white, blue, dark gray, and for a time salmon color).
Hey guys, I'm really liking the look of the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean but stumbled upon this watch by Christopher Ward,
http://www.christopherward-usa.com/men/view-all-mens/c60-cosc-sks.html
I'm wondering if the difference in quality is worth the difference in price or if I should keep saving up for the Omega. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks.
Keep saving for an Omega or something else thats truly a good quality watch.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a Christopher Ward watch, jabster, and don't let anyone here tell you otherwise. You just have to decide which is better for you, matching as much of your criteria as possible, and then buy that one. Both are very fine watches.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Details? This would go nicely with my Gaddafi chonograph.

Although I was in Baghdad from 2005-7, I actually got this much earlier - a gift from a now departed friend, some time late 80s. I think he'd had it since the 70s. I don't know anything about it at all, except that it's marked "Rodania Quartz" on the face. The Arabic writing, assuming you don't read it, says "The Leader Saddam Hussein". It belonged to the former Governor of Kirkuk. It's in a pretty scruffy condition; no major scratches but the bracelet and case are both discoloured and have never been cleaned. The face has some darkening around the edges from being kept in a humid environment for a while - it's definitely not waterproof.

To be honest, I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about the maker or style. I imagine there are thousands of these around, but I'd be interested to know who the supplier of dictator vanity watches was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads